who did amniotic fluid test?

mera.mera

Reaction score
As the title said who did amniotic fluid test in 16th week? I have a karyotype issue .. and afraid that the test lead to miscarriage

The amniocentesis? I had it done, and it was fine. It was all over and done with very quick, like taking blood out of your arm but they put a needle in your belly. They told me to take it easy for the rest of the day, so I went out for lunch afterwards and then home to watch movies. They quote the miscarriage rate as 1% but with an experienced doctor it is much lower than that. For the clinic I went to, their loss rate was 1:800 and they said it tended to be the babies who had problems who would miscarry (so hard to say whether the loss was due to amnio or would have miscarried anyway). Hope all goes well xxx

The amniocentesis? I had it done, and it was fine. It was all over and done with very quick, like taking blood out of your arm but they put a needle in your belly. They told me to take it easy for the rest of the day, so I went out for lunch afterwards and then home to watch movies. They quote the miscarriage rate as 1% but with an experienced doctor it is much lower than that. For the clinic I went to, their loss rate was 1:800 and they said it tended to be the babies who had problems who would miscarry (so hard to say whether the loss was due to amnio or would have miscarried anyway). Hope all goes well xxx

Great i'm happy with your experience thats gives me hope

And which week did you do it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"