Who did who didnt?

Sorry, was reading through my old posts and accidently wrote on this one instead of another.

Hey all just wondering how many of u had PM on ur little angel's and who didnt?

Those who did,did u all get answers? and how long did it take?

Big hug's xx

Hey Honey. I did for my boys! It was a hard decision as I didn't want anyone touching them and waiting for the results was awful. I can remember saying to my partner that i didn't want to go for the results because i didnt want to hear that the reason they weren't here was my fault in any way. However, I'm glad I did go because it took a big weight off of my shoulders to hear that there was NOTHING that we or anyone else could have done and that I never caused them harm. I already knew the reasons why they had passed away however i was scared to get results in case it came out differently. Have you made a decision? I think i waited 6 weeks for the results xxx

We chose to have one and are waiting for the results now. We decided that if looking at our baby could help other people in the future then it was a positive to hold onto.

We did. I will get the results on July 3rd when I see my OBGYN again. We had bad screening at 12 weeks (normal ultrasound...except for baby consistently measuring a week behind). My Papp A and Free B-HCG were very very low and we had had a verifi prenatal blood test which ruled out the main 3 trisomies....so we felt we needed to try and find out.

My husband has a chromosome issue and although we know it wasn't that....we felt we just needed to try and find out. Also, because we are going through IVF next time, we may need to have embryo's tested dependant on the results of the PM.

We got a PM done. I had to know. It took us so long to conceive, I had to know if it was going to happen again. Couldn't bring myself to try again if it was. As it turns out, he had been gone too long. They couldn't get good samples, they were too far degraded. But, they did do blood testing on me shortly before we found out and those results suggested a chromosomal disorder called Trisomy 18. Our OB believes that is what happened. And based on how he looked and research we did, we believe that too. Also, he was very very premature. And the PM confirmed that it was a boy. We thought it was a boy but it was so early it was difficult to tell.

For me, it brought me a bit of closure and the courage to try again. Trisomy 18 is rare and isn't likely to happen a second time, any more likely than it was the first time. So for me, it was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->