Who else gets pissed about this stuff?

Mommy2234

Reaction score
A friend found out she was pregnant recently and WON'T SHUT UP about how great it is, and how she "just wants to feel her baby" "I just can't wait to see my little baby!" "Oh wow, I'm so gassy! I'm so queasy! My nipples are so sore! I'm so obviouslyyy pregnant! I think I even feel my uterus getting hard!"
I'm like HELLO you are not even 5 weeks pregnant. SHUT UP!!!! AND... SHE BOUGHT A BUNCH OF MATERNITY CLOTHES THIS WEEKEND! She won't need those for at least 4 probably 5 months.

I can't even describe how annoying she is. It's her first.. and I already have a daughter, so she keeps asking me all these pregnancy questions.. but then will say something like she already knows the answer.. example: "When do people start showing? I know you start having a bump at 8 weeks because my sister did, so I'm thinking genetics will make me do that too!! I just want to feel my baby and I want everyone to see my little babe!!"
Ok, if you already think you know that people show at 8 weeks then why are you asking? She KNOWS I'm ttc and am in the worst part of this crap! The 2ww is AWFUL and she knows that! I hate her for rubbing her pregnancy in my face! URGGHH!!

Thanks for letting me rant lol. Anyone else experience this?!

I know exactly how you feel! Last week my husband's cousin found out they were pregnant and all I hear about is how they weren't even trying and now she only had one ovary so they must be pretty awesome. Ugh! It makes me so mad! Now every post on Facebook is about her pregnancy. Its annoying. Some people have no consideration on how hurtful it is to others. THEN, two days later, her brother's wife announced their pregnancy, too, so now they chatter back and forth all day about it. I seriously could just reach out and slap someone.

I know exactly how you feel! Last week my husband's cousin found out they were pregnant and all I hear about is how they weren't even trying and now she only had one ovary so they must be pretty awesome. Ugh! It makes me so mad! Now every post on Facebook is about her pregnancy. Its annoying. Some people have no consideration on how hurtful it is to others. THEN, two days later, her brother's wife announced their pregnancy, too, so now they chatter back and forth all day about it. I seriously could just reach out and slap someone.

GRR! I mean.. I know that I should just let her be happy and blah blah.. keep to myself, but when she's texting me constantly every day it gets pretty annoying! I guess all we can do is try to ignore it.. then when we finally get pregnant we can find some way to shove it in their faces ;)

To be honest, I wouldn't blame her at all. I was the same during my pregnancy - I was so excited about it, I found it hard not to talk about it, particularly in the beginning.

Cut her some slack, it's an amazing time for her.

To be honest, I wouldn't blame her at all. I was the same during my pregnancy - I was so excited about it, I found it hard not to talk about it, particularly in the beginning.

Well since I've been pregnant before.. I know how it is. I also knew 2 or 3 other women trying to get pregnant at the same time. I didn't do this to them. I understand she is excited, but the way she is going about shoving it in my face is flat out rude, because she knows that I am in torture right now. But like I said, I'm trying to just ignore her.

I do understand that they are probably just excited, but gloating is gloating no matter the subject. To me, it would be like someone winning the lottery and walking around talking about how rich they are, how lucky they are, and everything they have that you don't all the time. Its just bad taste and annoying. We get it, we don't need to be reminded of it. I'm not saying don't be excited for them, but I think people can find a better way of expressing their happiness than rubbing it in to others who have to go without.

I def know how you guys feel. I told my sister in law we were TTC, not even a month later she ended up pregnant with only one ovary and she was NOT trying!! They were actually upset! I was sooooooooooo mad but at the same time was happy for them, because if it didn't just happen they probably would never have tried! She had the worse morning sickness for like 6months, and everytime my MIL or SIL would complain about how bad it was, I was thinking I would take all the morning sickness in the world to be preggers!! But DH & I stopped TTC so they could have their time and not steal their thunder. Our little niece was born last month so it's game on again! I'm hoping it happens soon!!! Luckily I only know 1 or 2 pregnant at the moment, although I have about 8 friends with newborns less then 6months right now.. So that def doesn't help baby fever when u see cute lil newborn photos everyday on FB!! Ya know u want to be happy for them, but at the same time u can't help but be jealous and a little angry. We will get our turns....

I know exactly how you feel. The fiancé of my dh's friend is pregnant and due to go for her first scan on Monday. The same day I will be 12dpo and probably holding a bfn in my hand.

She has been awful and really rubbing it in, despite knowing how hard it is got dh and I. Her guy doesn't even want the baby or the commitment. He called off their wedding and she ended up pregnant. I should feel sorry for her and probably would if she wasn't raming it town my throat. I will be devastated if she starts lording her scan pictures while I'm holding a bfn :cry:

Grrrrrrrrrr :haha:

There is excitement and then just plain rubbing salt into wounds :(

I def know how you guys feel. I told my sister in law we were TTC, not even a month later she ended up pregnant with only one ovary and she was NOT trying!! They were actually upset! I was sooooooooooo mad but at the same time was happy for them, because if it didn't just happen they probably would never have tried! She had the worse morning sickness for like 6months, and everytime my MIL or SIL would complain about how bad it was, I was thinking I would take all the morning sickness in the world to be preggers!! But DH & I stopped TTC so they could have their time and not steal their thunder. Our little niece was born last month so it's game on again! I'm hoping it happens soon!!! Luckily I only know 1 or 2 pregnant at the moment, although I have about 8 friends with newborns less then 6months right now.. So that def doesn't help baby fever when u see cute lil newborn photos everyday on FB!! Ya know u want to be happy for them, but at the same time u can't help but be jealous and a little angry. We will get our turns....

LOL @ the one ovary story. That is exactly what happened to my husband's cousin! They keep talking about how amazing they both are that they conceived on one ovary. I know they will be great parents, but I'm totally jealous. It just makes it SO much worse when people say "We weren't even trying!" Because we try so hard for a baby. I told my husband we need to start being irresponsible, run up a bunch of debt we can't afford, put our house into foreclosure, and start neglecting the child we already have because it seems to work for everyone who gets pregnant on a whim. LOL

LOL @ the one ovary story. That is exactly what happened to my husband's cousin! They keep talking about how amazing they both are that they conceived on one ovary. I know they will be great parents, but I'm totally jealous. It just makes it SO much worse when people say "We weren't even trying!" Because we try so hard for a baby. I told my husband we need to start being irresponsible, run up a bunch of debt we can't afford, put our house into foreclosure, and start neglecting the child we already have because it seems to work for everyone who gets pregnant on a whim. LOL

That's just recently. I have a cousin who was on birth control, they used a condom, and she only has one ovary, didn't want kids and BAM! PREGNANT. That was about 4 years ago.. LOL. It does just suck there are so many who want and struggle to have and then there are the crack heads that sell their kid for their next high popping them out like crazy.. lol.. Frustrated. :wacko:

That's just recently. I have a cousin who was on birth control, they used a condom, and she only has one ovary, didn't want kids and BAM! PREGNANT. That was about 4 years ago.. LOL. It does just suck there are so many who want and struggle to have and then there are the crack heads that sell their kid for their next high popping them out like crazy.. lol.. Frustrated. :wacko:

WOW @ that story! Maybe my husband and I should try that, that's like the one thing we haven't tried LOL

It is frustrating, my best friend is 14 weeks, my cousin is 15 weeks, my other friend is 24 weeks and my other cousin is also pregnant, everyone's facebooks are full of pregnant stuff, Everyone seems to be pregnant! let's hope our time arrives ASAP xx

I am in the same boat my friend just got pg last month and we were hoping we would concieve around the same time and go through it all together. Then find out that a coworker is pg and doesn't want to be. I'm truly happy for my friend but at the same time I'm jealous. And it hurts not to have a little bean not in my belly. At 9 dpo I'm already deflated and ready to move one to not try or preventing. I cried this morning when I got bfn and was cramping, bbs a little sore but that is it. And I'm ok with crying getting it out and letting this go although it may take me a few days to process and get on. But damn I just want a BFP so badly!

Know what ya mean! I know a girl who complains about being pregnant and how she just wants her body back. It is very frustrating!!

I had my niece doing that to me & it was right after my miscarriage... like right after, not even 2-3 days. Seriously, I'm here in pain, completely distraught, & you get pregnant without even trying because you took your b/c the wrong way & you're exclaiming how excited you are & asking me questions about what should happen when??? Some people have nerve!!

I think thats a tough one... she probably isnt doing it to be mean... I'm sure she's just very excited and its an exciting time for her. Maybe you can gently tell her, "I am so happy for you, but it's kind of hard for me to talk about it so much when we are not pregnant yet". It might make her stop and think before she makes every little comment.
Good luck!! Baby dust to you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"