Who else keeps rats?

Aww cookie I'm sorry! It's so hard to loose a pet.

I used to own rats but taking a break since I have LO. My last guy passed last spring.

Hi CookieLucyLou, I know you from FR! I'm Gabby (Rodent Rebels and LolRats) xx

Bleurgh, to be honest. Si has had to assume cage-cleaning duties (what a shame) and I'm just feeling so exhausted. Luckily Mungo and Digby are quite content to fall asleep on me and snooze! How are you doing?

My husband and I used to own rats (as pets, and... feeders). The two we kept as permanent pets have since past, but my sister has 9 of their offspring, and let me tell you, they are the cuuutest rats I have ever seen. :flower:

Here here. It makes me so sad the way people react in ignorance and rudeness. I CAN understand it - but truth be told, at least with pet rats, they are clean, safe and adorable. So affectionate and friendly and loving and cheeky and silly - like little dogs. It makes me so sad when people think they're diseased or dirty because they really really aren't. But the media/history perpetuated image of dirty rats living in sewers and eating filth, which I can't deny is true for many WILD rats, is a hard stereotype to overcome. I blog about my rats www.vermin-realm.com and they are lovely. I look forward to my little bumpling one day having rats of their own (if they want).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->