Who has a 27 day cycle & O's on CD16?

Skye1231

Reaction score
For the last 3 months I have been tracking my cycles while TTC. I have a 27 day cycle & O on CD 16. I know when I O because I get the middleschmertz pain in either my left or right ovary. This also means my LP is 11 days.

1.Does any of this pose a problem?

2. Is that really late to O?

3. Does it matter that my LP is only 11 days?

If your LP is actually 11 days, then that is on the shorter side if normal. It would still be within the normal range, though, and shouldn't pose too many issues. CD16 is also within the normal range and isn't considered to be late ovulation.

The problem is, none of those figures may even be correct if you are only using middlesmertz to identify ovulation. Have you ever used OPKs or temperature taking to get a clearer picture? Ovary pain can happen any time around ovulation, including 2-3 days before your body actually pops an egg. I'd always assumed I was getting ovulating pains the day of ovulation, but once I started using OPKs I realized that they often happened a couple days before I even got a positive OPK. My other fertile signs pointed to me ovulating 36-48 hours after that (the positive OPK) so if I'd went by middlesmertz alone, I would have been way off.

If you do ovulate a day or two after the pains occur, then unfortunately that would point toward a luteal phase defect. If that's the case, conceiving would be pretty difficult until you are able to correct it. :(

I did use an OPK once on the second month TTC and I got a LH surge on CD16 and then got the O pain that night. My last cycle I got the O pain again on CD16, so I am assuming.
If the pain can actually happen 2-3 days before I O, then that would push me to CD18-CD19 which would be a really short LP. :(

Yeah, that does suck. :(

I will say that the timing could vary from month to month. Sometimes I get it a bit closer to my positive OPK (and thus closer to ovulation), and sometimes it's much earlier. I think the OPKs are going to be your best bet at guessing how long your luteal phase actually is. Well, taking your temperature would be the most accurate, but I know it isn't always feasible. I haven't bothered with it myself since my sleeping habits are atrocious.

How long have you been TTC?

Yeah I cant really be bothered with taking my temperature. Heaven forbid but say I've been trying for years then I may try that route.

Well my husband and I were pregnant in August, first try after going off birth control! Then I miscarried in September at 7 weeks. It was incomplete so I had to have a D & C. By the time I was healed and had a normal cycle we started TTC again in November. I am currently on cycle #4 TTC and just feel really disheartened when AF shows up. I've been pretty stressed, so I know that's not helping. I'm a hormonal wreck too around that time. I've never been this way because I was on BC for 14 years. It'll happen, I'm just being impatient. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->