Who has successfully weaned using Annabel Karmel?

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
As the title says, has anyone???

I'm worried I'm reading her baby meal planner wrong and trying to move Lewis along to fast.:cry:

For first stage weaning it shows a planner for "first tastes" which is 3 weeks, then 2 further planners for "after first tastes" both of which are 7 days.

Should I be following the 3 week planner for a couple of months and then move on to each of the 7 days for a month or 2?? Or should I follow it for the 3 weeks and then move on to each of the 7 days??

Arrggh......... I'd pull my hair out but Lewis is doing a great job for me at the moment!!!!:hissy:

I don't follow anything. If you need the reassurance and like a guide then it makes sense to try and follow it but I just go with the flow with Ally! I'm not putting timescales on anything. Hope someone else has used the book and can help you out a bit more.

I bought one of her books but it went against everything Ive been told by my health visitor so I havent bothered with it if Im honest. Although Im probably not a good example as Seth isnt putting any weight on.

However a girl I know has weaned her baby using those books and she swears by them so I guess everyone is different!!

Good luck however you choose to do it! :)

xxx

I love Annabel Karmel's recipes and her books but I havent followed her weaning planner.I think because every baby eats different things at different stages its hard to follow a specific plan like Annabel Karmels.So I would say if you think your LO needs to carry on with a stage for a little bit longer then the book states then just trust your instincts as a mother.
Personally I would say first stage would be about right with 3/4 weeks,maybe even five but I would do the next stages for the same amount of time too. e.g
First tastes-4 weeks
2nd stage-4 weeks
3rd stage- 4 weeks
Hope that helps!PM me if I can help you with any of it xx

your baby will let you know how fast/slow to move.

I followed her meal planner, but with a bit of "artistic license". As you say, it had first tastes for only a few weeks. I stayed on this stage for a lot longer to make sure my boys were completely ready before moving on. I think with all these things its just a case of taking their advise, but no need to follow it to the letter. Let you baby decide when its ready. With mine, we started a bit earlier than 6 months, so didn't feel ready to move on as quickly as she did. I personally think the first tastes are the most important. I gave them loads of different things, and with the mixtures she uses I never did the same one twice, and took ideas from her to make my own. Both my boys are amazing with eating now. Not fussy at all. I think the book was very useful and i did follow bits of it, but don't like to follow anything to the letter because very child is different.
Sarah x

I love Annabel Karmel's recipes and her books but I havent followed her weaning planner.I think because every baby eats different things at different stages its hard to follow a specific plan like Annabel Karmels.So I would say if you think your LO needs to carry on with a stage for a little bit longer then the book states then just trust your instincts as a mother.
Personally I would say first stage would be about right with 3/4 weeks,maybe even five but I would do the next stages for the same amount of time too. e.g
First tastes-4 weeks
2nd stage-4 weeks
3rd stage- 4 weeks
Hope that helps!PM me if I can help you with any of it xx

Thanks Jen, I think I got a bit carried away with trying to wean Lewis from a book and should probably listen to my instincts more. :blush: The recipes are great and he loves everything he's tried so far. (Then again he is a bit of a piggy :rofl:) I think I'll stick with 2 meals a day until he lets me know he wants 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->