Who is sick of hearing about the age of 35!!

sarahincanada, I understand you're going to ttc. I am 38 and have been trying for a little over a year now. We tried naturally with OPK's and the like for 9 months and have moved on to Clomid and IUI (1 time), Clomid/Menopur injectibles (1 time) and Menopur Injectibles only this round. I had my 3rd. IUI on the 20th. and have been hoping and praying it works. I am very tired with it all and feel my biological clock ticking like crazy. I have another week and a couple days to see if it worked and I am so anxious!

It's SO stupid. I got pregnant with Kitty at 34 on cycle 3 of trying to NOT get pregnant (no BC but wanted to lose weight if I could first) we avoided ovulation and had sex ONCE that cycle (the day my period finished) and on my constant 28 day cycle this should of be impossible but she's upstairs asleep right now. So now I'm 35 not 34 I'm sure that my eggs don't get the lion stamp. Ridiculous.

Your daughter is adorable. I love the pictures.

I'm 36 and DH has just turned 37 and our FS told us that mid to late 30's is right in the middle of the age range that she sees. She also said my eggs didn't go to hell on my 35th birthday it really depends on each person:haha: I was 21 when I got pregnant with my DD and we tried for almost 2 years for her. We were given Clomid and it did work:thumbup: DD was 10 months when we started trying for another and bam 1 round of Clomid later and we were pregnant with DS:happydance:

From my early 20's until now we haven't been able to concieve our 3rd..now mind you hubby worked away alot until about 2 years ago so I'm not too sure if that's why we haven't concieved but we've been diagnosed unexplained. So we're now getting ready for a round of IVF and our chances are great for a success :)

It's SO stupid. I got pregnant with Kitty at 34 on cycle 3 of trying to NOT get pregnant (no BC but wanted to lose weight if I could first) we avoided ovulation and had sex ONCE that cycle (the day my period finished) and on my constant 28 day cycle this should of be impossible but she's upstairs asleep right now. So now I'm 35 not 34 I'm sure that my eggs don't get the lion stamp. Ridiculous.

Your daughter is adorable. I love the pictures.

Thank you so much! I must say I do agree! X

Just wanted to make some ladies hopefully feel better..........I am 37 years old and i have just concieved my 5th baby, My last time i was pregnant i was 34 and this time i have made myself so worried because im ttc 'over 35', rubbish!!!!!!! It has taken me 3 trys to become pregnant and i got my bfp on my 3rd try. Our eggs dont get to 35 and think thats it now im no good, i think its all based on how healthy you are and nothing else unless you have a medical condition, my husband is 42. So my advice to anybody worrying about their age - dont!!!!! If you are healthy and so is your partner you have just a good a chance as anybody!!!!!!!! I hope i have given hope to some ladies out there, good luck girls!

I mean really!! Do our eggs really wake up on our 35th birthday xxx

Torilou, I thought I will only take the above part of your post, and twist it to suit myself! I really hope mine wakes up at 35 and come out of hiding where ever they are. Those darn buggers! I just could not resist....

On the more serious side...turning 35 in two days...I have bad birthday blues this year and mostly as a result of all the comments I hear about 35...Especially...why are you not having a baby...you guys are so well settled now. Kaboom kabook KAPOW! That how I feel like exploding..Fortunately I realise the comments are made without much thought from the parties involved...

I quit smoking a year ago, very hard to do, but I felt it necessary after TTC unsuccessfully for a year. Oh, the amount of times I were asked: Why did you quit smoking....Are you pregnant? I cannot wait for the day that I can actually say YES, but till then I am trying for the 35 year thing not to eat me alive!

great thread! i'm not ttc just yet but will be hopefully after this cycle.... i'm 36, my husband is 40 and we both have sons from previous relationships.

agree with everything.... my (much younger :roll: ) friends were discussing another couple around my age, i asked if they were planning another child and they said 'oh no it's too late now'....

am shocked at some of the comments you ladies have experienced - especially the geriatric one :wacko:

great thread! i'm not ttc just yet but will be hopefully after this cycle.... i'm 36, my husband is 40 and we both have sons from previous relationships.

agree with everything.... my (much younger :roll: ) friends were discussing another couple around my age, i asked if they were planning another child and they said 'oh no it's too late now'....

am shocked at some of the comments you ladies have experienced - especially the geriatric one :wacko:

Well, in India there was a 70 year old lady who gave birth :happydance:

More positivity here for you ladies....

I have had two pregnancies since age of 40, first one whilst on the progesterone only pill!! Unfortunately I had a mmc with that pregnancy but was pregnant again 4months later. Both natural conceptions btw.

All going well with this LO, had genetic testing privately and was given a Downs/Edwards risk of over 1:50,000. Some probs with BP and now on medications but not a bad trade off, and its not necessarily age related.

Not bad for an old chick.

Consultants eyes nearly popped out of his head when he read my DS dob at 1995

Yes mister. I am 42 in July!

Good luck to all you ttcs out there, there is plenty of hope over 35 and those eggs are not necessarily fried as they would like you to believe....

Baby dust to all :dust::dust:

70:shock: Ummm:nope: thank-you.. you'd look like this :jo:taking your baby to pre-school..:rofl:

I'm 38 got pregnant and loss my baby due to ectopic.. I can't stand all the negative behind the "35 is old" .. Heck I feel young ... I'll be 39 on May 22nd and I hope next months ahead I can get pregnant "June" being DH and I.. have the green go .. I so want to have a healthy baby that survives. I believe I can.. I just hope it doesn't take till 40... sighs.

More positivity here for you ladies....

I have had two pregnancies since age of 40, first one whilst on the progesterone only pill!! Unfortunately I had a mmc with that pregnancy but was pregnant again 4months later. Both natural conceptions btw.

All going well with this LO, had genetic testing privately and was given a Downs/Edwards risk of over 1:50,000. Some probs with BP and now on medications but not a bad trade off, and its not necessarily age related.

Not bad for an old chick.

Consultants eyes nearly popped out of his head when he read my DS dob at 1995

Yes mister. I am 42 in July!

Good luck to all you ttcs out there, there is plenty of hope over 35 and those eggs are not necessarily fried as they would like you to believe....

Baby dust to all :dust::dust:

:happydance:YOU GO "GIRL"!!!!!!!! This is so uplifting in many ways .. I could cry!!!!!!!!! Oh and p/s ... don't claim old the 40's are the new day 30's so consider yourself 32:winkwink:!

I'm 38 got pregnant and loss my baby due to ectopic.. I can't stand all the negative behind the "35 is old" .. Heck I feel young ... I'll be 39 on May 22nd and I hope next months ahead I can get pregnant "June" being DH and I.. have the green go .. I so want to have a healthy baby that survives. I believe I can.. I just hope it doesn't take till 40... sighs.

:hugs: Sorry to hear... I hold thumbs that this will be your year! And yes, as long as you feel young. Geminus, I wish you well and a very happy June month :winkwink:

I agree about the arbitary cut off - I read some comments by a UK media doctor the other day (Miriam Stoppard) and i practically felt like a criminal for not having reproduced at 21. So wanton! Sorry for having waited until i was educated, in a good relationship, has some kind of job security, a house, some money to feed a baby with!

35 is young! I don't see why such a big deal is made. Most everyone I know doesn't bother with their first kid until they are at least 36 and then they go on to have 2-3 if they want more.

I had my first at 38 and i conceived in the first month!, when i went into see a consultant regarding my Thyroid while i was pregnant, i made a comment about my age and i was promptly told i was a spring chicken compared to most of the mums in my area!. Made me feel great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->