Who makes bottles in advance?

Honestly Hun.....pre make for your own sanity! :haha: aoifes now 6 months and on 7oz bottles. We sterilise all 6 bottles, fill them up to 4oz with boiling water, let it cool a bit then put them at the back of the fridge and then just top them up with boiling water and add the formula when we need them x we've always done it this way xxx

Honestly Hun.....pre make for your own sanity! :haha: aoifes now 6 months and on 7oz bottles. We sterilise all 6 bottles, fill them up to 4oz with boiling water, let it cool a bit then put them at the back of the fridge and then just top them up with boiling water and add the formula when we need them x we've always done it this way xxx

Why dont you do it the other way round as it takes the same time? I mean put the hot water then formula then top with the cold water? so the formula bacteria is killed xx just curious x

We use the tommee tippee milk dispensers. I boil kettle & sterilise bottles in the morning....add water & allow to cool on the side & the just add formula as needed She will only drink room temp bottles so this is perfect for me!

I sterilize the bottles in the morning and boil the kettle with fresh water so both of these normally finish about the same time as the other.
I pour all the water into the bottles i'm going to use for the day and then just add the powder as and when i need to give my LO a bottle :)

I sterilize the bottles in the morning and boil the kettle with fresh water so both of these normally finish about the same time as the other.
I pour all the water into the bottles i'm going to use for the day and then just add the powder as and when i need to give my LO a bottle :)

This is what i do as well... to heat the milk i pop bottle in jug of boiling water for each feed :flower:

I've been buying the bottles of ready made aptamil for the night time feeds but tbh I see myself using it throughout the day too. Its so easy compared making a feed up then cooling it down x

I used to use the premade formula bottles (cow and gate) and even bought the premade formula that came in 3oz bottles at first because it is easier but it is so expensive and honestly when you get into a routine of making your bottles in advance it is almost as easy.

I fill the kettle and set it off
Then gather up and wash all the bottles, teats, lids etc in warm soapy water
Rince the soapy water off with warm water
Put them all in the steriliser (I use the Avent microwave one) takes 6mins
Then clean the kitchen side
This usually takes about 15 mins to do then I pour water from the kettle into the bottles. Add the formula and then assemble the bottle, give it a really good shake and put them in the fridge. My LO usually feeds every 2 hours so the 1st bottle is usually room temp when I get it out the fridge and with the rest I just boil the kettle and pour the boiling water into a pan and stick the bottle in it, takes about 2 mins if that to warm the bottle up just give it a really good shake to make sure it has warmed through and its ready to go.

Just make sure that you dispose of any unused formula after 24 hours

Same :thumbup:

x

i also got frustrated with dom getting upset waiting for a fresh bottle to cool and turned to the premake method, hes 10 months and we had done it since he was about 3 months old, hes been fine! if i have left over sterilised bottles i make them up (as in build the bottle up fully) and put them in the fridge too then if i need to make more come the evening just pull one outta the fridge make it up, rapid cool and pop it in the fridge ready for dom to have later. I heat them up in a jug of hot water till the right temp for him and job is a goodun :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->