Who was at your birth?

They never gave us a reason. He was all suited up, too. Just one of the many reasons we went unassisted on our next.

#1: DH, MIL and various MWs.

#2: DH, mum, 2 MWs (the same throughout)

Next time: DH, ***a doula!!***, probably my mum (in case we need childcare!), MAYBE the kiddos (if they are awake and happy I am comfy with it) and independant MW(s)

:D

Nikki: yes, we're taking a natural childbirth class together in August and September, so i think that will help him some. I've tried watching videos of natural births together, but it just freaks him out more... so I think something non-visual, which would help him understand that it WON'T be totally awful might help. My midwife says most guys do alright once labor really starts... they are usually much more paranoid before, because they don't know what to imagine.

My mom is the kind of mom who always freaked out when I came home hurt-- but she isn't that way about pregnancy/birth, since she had 5 live babies, all of them natural births in hospitals. I think she would be helpful during birth because she would know what's going on and all that.. the only thing I'm worried about is that my mom and I were never very close. We get along just fine-- but we don't talk about personal things at all. She's not the kind of mom who is very good at being anything other than a mother to her kids, if that makes sense.. lol. She's a wonderful mother, but I could never describe her as a friend.

So that's one thing I'm still thinking about.... yes, an experienced support would be nice.. but then.. that's what my midwives are there for (and the main midwife has been a good friend of mine for years). I'm thinking I'd like her around the house if anybody else will be there-- because she's awesome with keeping things running smoothly and keeping everyone fed and calm ;-)

I definitely do NOT want my MIL there.. she's sweet and nice, but WAY too nervous and high-strung. She's been treating me like I'm suffering from a terrible illness ever since she first found out I'm pregnant! Okay, maybe not that bad.. but all my in laws just act like I can't stand or walk at all.. and God forbid I ever try to lift something! It annoys the crap out of me, because I really don't like to be treated that way. I'm NOT sick.. I'm just pregnant... and I pride myself on being in pretty good shape and staying that way, even in pregnancy!

Okay, that's definitely off-topic.. but yeah, I don't want any of my in-laws around while I'm in labor, and I'm afraid of them finding out that I had other people there but not them! Oops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->