whooping cough vaccine, did you get it/not get it?

bounceyboo

bambino on the way!
Reaction score
I had a check up with my doctor today and got the vaccine, I felt a bit off afterwards and a little crampy which is unlike me ive been feeling fine just tired all along, did anyone whos received the vaccine feel weird afterwards? ive been back to feeling myself again all evening, although my arm is a little itchy and sore

Mine told me to get the T-DAP vaccine as well but I haven't gotten around to it. My OB told me to do it but my high risk doctor said not to bother with it... so, I'm torn as well.

whats a t-dap?is that the same as a whooping cough vaccine?

Tdap has whooping cough in it. It's a combo vaccine. I had it with DS while in the hospital after he was born and will probably do the same this time as well. The weird feeling may be a reaction to an ingredient in the vaccine. I don't know if it made me feel weird as I was drugged up pretty well :)

I had it and the flu jab one in each arm no problems :)

I'm having the whooping cough vaccine today, I felt fine after I had the flu jab a few weeks ago.

I had my whopping cough vaccination. There were no side effects though. It felt normal except hurting a lil bit for sometime.

I refused both whooping cough and flu jabs. Wanted pregnancy to be as natural as possible... Now at 39 weeks I'm popping codeine 4 times a day!!

I got my T-DAP but not the flu shot. The flu shot actually makes me sick for a week after. The T-DAP just made my arm HURT and have a ball under the skin for a week, but I felt fine otherwise. :)

I got it and no issues. It's recommended for anyone who will be around baby since whooping cough can be deadly for infants.

UK girls, does your midwife give it to you, or do you have to see your GP? My midwife mentioned it last week but there were other things on my mind (was just coming down from a panic attack) so I didn't ask how to get it x

I had gotten my flu shot while pregnant, but ended up not getting the dTap until after DS2 was born. I was going to get it done before he was born, but everything went so quickly and was told my doctor's office didn't give that shot, so I never had a chance.

They suggest to get it while in the 3rd tri so that baby gets the mother's antibodies to help against whooping cough.

I'm not too worried with DS2, as he is now 2 months old, and the only times I have taken him out of the house is for doctor's appointments/WIC appointments, and twice to go out to eat. I go out of the house more but I got both flu and the dTap, so I'm protected.

I felt like crap after flu shot. But I didn't really feel anything after the dTap, other than a slightly sore arm.

UK girls, does your midwife give it to you, or do you have to see your GP? My midwife mentioned it last week but there were other things on my mind (was just coming down from a panic attack) so I didn't ask how to get it x

After my midwife asked me to get mine - I had to go to reception to book it with the nurse. Id just phone your GP and say your midwife has asked you have the whooping cough vaccine can you book in for it.

Yup, same thing. I went along merrily to my 28 wk appointment expecting the midwife to give me the whooping cough jab (think mine was the combo too) and she was all "Oh, no. I don't give the shot. You need to get an appointment with the nurse." Which was a faff as it was just before Christmas and she had no appointments and the poor woman had to stay late to squeeze me in. She was a bit snippy about it - think it was a long running bone of contention between nurses and midwives at my drs. The hospital midwife at my 20 wk scan was happy enough to jab me with the flu shot.

I didn't have any side effects except a bit of a sore arm. Struggled to sleep on that side for a few nights,

ive a ump under the skin on m arm where I got it and its red and hot I feel fine today though

I had mine earlier and feel fine other than a sore arm. Luckily I got it in my right arm and I sleep on my left.

Rhio92, the nurse at my GP surgery did mine x

I got my shot 6 days before my ds2 made his super early appearance lol I definitely recommend getting it before the birth. It crosses the placenta and also provides immunity to the baby. Pertussis/whooping cough can be fatal in young babies.

Will be getting it. I think the risks of the vaccine are far outweighed by how horrendous it would be and how much guilt I would feel if my newborn got whooping cough before they could be vaccinated themselves.

This is so interesting to me. Have you ladies had your partner be re-vaccinated?

This is so interesting to me. Have you ladies had your partner be re-vaccinated?

It's not necessary. The point is that if a whooping cough vaccination is done from 28 weeks then the immunity is passed on to the baby and they have a greater chance of being immune for the two months before their own immunisation. In 2012 loads of newborns died from it because they obviously weren't yet vaccinated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->