Whooping cough vaccine - have you already had it? UK

Turnipstar

Reaction score
So I have a 10 month old daughter and had the whooping cough vaccine the week that the government set out the guidelines last year around 11 months ago. I'm now between 8-11 weeks (scan tomorrow) and midwife said I need vaccine again, I'm concerned that having it twice so close together could be a problem, what is everyone else's view on this? As once is always abit scary when it is a untested immunisation but twice so close together worries me!

Hiya, I just had my booking appointment and midwife talked about having whooping vaccine from 28 weeks.

Hiya, I just had my booking appointment and midwife talked about having whooping vaccine from 28 weeks.

Yes you have to have it near 28 weeks but my question is I have only just had it with my 10 month old baby and I'm worried they want to give it to me again so soon, especially as it hasn't been tested to the extent other immunisations have to be. And I am presumably immune from the last jab?

Yes you have to have it near 28 weeks but my question is I have only just had it with my 10 month old baby and I'm worried they want to give it to me again so soon, especially as it hasn't been tested to the extent other immunisations have to be. And I am presumably immune from the last jab?

I am following this thread as I had mine in January 2013 and I am pregnant now with my second and wondering if they are going to say to get it again as well. It scares me to have to get it again, I would hope the one I just got in January would be fine, I mean what is the life of the vaccine?!

I haven't heard of this one! It must be new as it wasn't mentioned during any of my other pregnancies. I guessing it's a yearly vaccine like the flu shot if you need it again the following season. I don't flu shot, so I doubt I will get this though.

Tri hopping here but I've just had mine and the leaflet I got given said that even if you had the jag in previous pregnancy no matter how close together you should get it in every pregnancy as the antibodies that are passed to baby are only passed that one time so that antibodies need to be produced and passed on in each pregnancy for baby to be protected. Hope this helps :)

Tri hopping here but I've just had mine and the leaflet I got given said that even if you had the jag in previous pregnancy no matter how close together you should get it in every pregnancy as the antibodies that are passed to baby are only passed that one time so that antibodies need to be produced and passed on in each pregnancy for baby to be protected. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the clarification - that helps!

Thanks for the clarification - that helps!

Thanks so much for clarification, that puts my mind at rest and makes more sense x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->