Whooping cough vaccine uk ladies

Hannah11

Reaction score
Hi I have just booked to get my whooping cough jab @ my 31 week midwife app. However, I had a quick google ( never a good idea) and there were some worrying reviews and reports about side effects, reduced movement etc following it. Just wondering if anyone has positive/negertive experiences or views on it. I would do anything to protect my new born getting whooping cough however, afterwhat I have read I am questioning whether it is the right thing to do now.

Hey,

I had mine yesterday after much umming and ahhing. The only noticable thing is a sore arm really.

I had mine 2 weeks ago. In my area there has been a huge increase in cases of it in newborns, I've lost one baby, I couldn't lose another, especially over something that could of been prevented. I didn't really have any reduced movement. My arm was ok that day, but sore the 2 days following, with a bit of a lump for about 10 days. That afternoon I felt exhausted, no idea if that was connected, and my arm itched and ached for a few days x

I had no reduced movement at all and tbh it sounds like scare mongering from people trying to scare others. You might have a sore arm...get it done on the arm you dont sleep on lol if u sleep on ure side lol! You might get a large raised lump on the injection site but ultimately youre potentially protecting your baby from something life threatening xxx

Had mine yesterday. My arm is a tad sore but baby is active as ever, if not more so today!

The only real side effect if you are usually fine with vaccines are that you'll have a sore arm, and it can get quite sore (bruised feeling).

Stay off google. It is better to protect your newborn than have them contract Whooping Cough.

Got mine tomorrow night. Like the others have said if I can protect my little angel from something that may harm them then I'm gonna do it, couldn't live with myself if I didn't and baby caught it.

My arm was sore, couldn't sleep on it for a couple of nights. It did bruise.

I had no reduced movements.

X

I still have a purple patch on my arm from it and this was weeks ago. Awful vaccine had massive red bump on arm for ages, itched like crazy and very sore.

I had a slightly sore arm, but it was only noticeable if I touched it or put weight on it. Otherwise, no issues at all.

I've had mine too and my arm was pretty sore for a few days but that was it. I did have reduced movement but I think that was coincidence imo... I also have an extensive anterior placenta so don't feel all movements...

Definitely scare-mongering! Not heard stuff like this. I had mine and didn't hesitate to after seeing some of the reports about whopping cough on the news. Was fine after and since.

I had a sore arm but no reduced movement.

There are always going to be scare stories about vaccines and cases where things go wrong. I weighed up the risks and decided that I couldn't live with myself if my baby got whooping cough when I could have avoided it.

Thanks ladies just what I needed to hear - should of come on hear first before doing to dreded google!!!'

Only a sore arm here & me wishing I had the jab on the side I don't sleep on! No reduced movements at all.

I have mine in a few weeks and although my head says it will be fine, there is a tiny bit of me that's scared. So it's good to hear all these stories of it being ok.

Be prepared for the sore arm!! All good here 2 weeks after having it :)

I've not even been offered this, should I have been?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->