Whooping cough vaccine UK

Laura80

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m popping in from second tri with a question if that’s ok. Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine? I’ve been offered it alongside my flu vaccine and I’m not sure. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

I had mine when I was pregnant. Same time as the flu shot, one in each arm. Arm was just a bit sore for a few days

I had it and apart from a sore arm no problem at all. My partner had a really bad cough too and I honestly think my flu jab stopped me from getting it.

I had it - it was actually the least painful jab i've ever had :shock: i'm going in tomorrow for my flu jab and really hoping it's the same nurse :haha: I'm terrified of needles usually.

I've had mine. It didn't hurt, but it protects baby so I'd have had it no matter how uncomfortable. Whooping cough in babies is seriously not good.

My midwife said I might have a sore arm afterwards, but I didn't really notice.

Had mine too alongside Flu jab... no issues :)

I had it in all my pregnancies, had the flu vaccine too, x

I've had mine. It didn't hurt, but it protects baby so I'd have had it no matter how uncomfortable. Whooping cough in babies is seriously not good.

My midwife said I might have a sore arm afterwards, but I didn't really notice.

This! It wasn't offered when I had my eldest but I got it at the same time as my flu jag with my youngest and it was all good. :)

Absolutely NOT. There has been no long term study data at all done on pregnant woman and it comes with a black box warning. No flu jab here or DTAP. In the uk they don't give you a single jab for whooping cough they give you the full dtap. I am not willing to take the risk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->