Whopper of baby - 6 weeks ahead!

ngozi79

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well I had a midwife appointment this morning at 30w+1d, because my sugar levels in my urine were sky high 2 weeks ago and she wanted to re-test before potentially doing a GTT. Anyways, no sugar in my urine today so no issues, BP fine and my 28 week bloods came back fine with iron levels she was happy with.

BUT. at 23 weeks my fundal height was 25cm. 28+4 I was measuring 32cm and today, at 30+1 i was measuring 36cm!

I've been measuring myself all the way through, and I have always found it to be slightly bigger than my midwife measures, so whilst I don't believe that I have grown 4 cm in 11 days, I do believe todays measurement as that is what I have been getting too.

I've been referred to a consultant, who will decide either to send me for a scan or to see me themselves.

Does anyone have any experiences of having a bump that is showing so much bigger than expected at this stage? I have a very tall OH, and kind of always expected a larger than average baby, but this is starting to scare me a bit. My hopes for a natural birth and to go to term seem to be fading..... :(

Hi,

I have a big bump and mine turned out to be excess amniotic fluid. It's best that you are being seen by the consultant as mine is making me have extra scans to ensure that the fluid is not getting too much.

I'd wait to see what your consultant says but all I can recommend is to stay away from Google - you'll worry yourself through self diagnosis (I know I googled and then got told by my midwife that I was an idiot for doing it :))

This is just my experience but as you say - your oh is tall so you may just have a tall baby :)

I been measuring 4 weeks ahead since 30 weeks and at my growth scan he was 1 day smaller then average :)

Thanks Ladies, the midwife seemed fairly confident that it wan't excess fluid, as she said she could normally tell if it was. Fingers crossed I can get to a consultant quickly and we get some good news!!

Should clarify... I don't have excess waters... I'm just measuring big lol... I am not overweight or anything but just huge belly lol

I always measure a couple weeks ahead by fundal
Height, but baby is slightly below 50% in size from ultrasound, with normal fluid levels. Fundal heights are really just a rough measure.

A student measured me as being 35 weeks when I was 28 weeks luckily she just measured starting from the wrong place, I was measuring 31 weeks really but now it has settled down and I am measuring a week and a half ahead so nothing too major. With my youngest I was measuring a week behind until the last few weeks when I started measuring 2 weeks ahead, he was born 9 days early at 8lb 2 which by my family's standards is on the small to average side xx

Could just be fluid. A scan can tell better which percentile baby is in. My dd was 8.4 pounds at 38 weeks and I always measured fine but scan revealed huge baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->