Why am I 5-6 days late and negative?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Hi guys

I use an app to track my cycles. Not actively trying and we haven’t really had much sex this month. Sorta did once, but got interrupted so it’s already unlikely.

In the morning I’ll be 6 days late for AF… I’ve done two tests, both look negative. I’ve very lightly spotted (so so so lightly you’d barely notice it) and it all but went. My boobs were hurting so much last week so I was expecting to be on. They’re no longer tender now, as if I should be on/finishing my AF.

I’m 33, have had two kids, I’ve never been this late, and I’ve never missed a period unless I was pregnant.

my periods have been odd since my youngest, I would spot for a few days before having a proper period and it would be heavy for only two days before calming down very suddenly to medium spotting for 2-3 days following that. Ive BARELY spotted this time. It’s slightly discoloured to the normal light creamy colour and that’s it. Barely. I’ve been wearing a pad expecting a waterfall to happen at random.

Anyone have any suggestions? Been through the same? Should I see my GP? Is it something to worry about if I’m not pregnant but miss a period like this?

latest test attached

6B4D1AC5-5D7D-4426-9014-8FC8A14CE765.jpeg

How long ago did you test? It could be that I have line eye but I'm sure I see something faint on the test. Could it be that you ovulated later than you thought?
Fwiw, I was sure I was going to get my period this month as my cm one day was slightly reddish brown, which happens the day or so before af.
Nope. It's gone the other way and I'm about 7+3 now lol. Have had no more discoloration with cm either. Neither do I have any symptoms of pregnancy; with all my others I've had sore boobs, nausea, tiredness. Nothing so far.
May be worth using different test?

If you're not pregnant I don't think it's anything to worry about yet. You could be having an anovulatory cycle which I think is normal especially as you get older. If it consistently happens mo the after month it might then be worth having a chat with GP

Could be delayed O or an anovulatory cycle if you’re not pregnant, wouldn’t worry too much about it happening once

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->