Why are boys names so hard??!!

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
We have a little girl, Zoe Elizabeth. We found her name so easy to pick. When we became pregnant with No 2, we picked a girls name very quickly (Emily Rose). But, we know we're having a boy and we just can't agree on anything!
We had the same problem if Zoe was a boy. We just couldn't decide on one we both liked!

The middle name will be either James or Alexander or both (depending on what would suit the name).

I like:

Aaron
Adam
Isaac
Ellis
Alexander (second name would obviously be James)
Harry

Anyone able to help me out with other names that would go??? :shrug:

I like Issac and Harry :)
I'm not really sure on what goes or not as mine are a little mush mash really, I have 3 more traditional/older names and two that are a lot more modern.

I love Arthur :winkwink: Other names on our list were Albie/Albert, Reggie, Arlo and Seth :)

I'm going to be bias and say go for Alexander!! :haha: But that's DS3's name so I would say that. :haha: And James is a really good fit for such a traditional, classic and strong name too.

I like Issac too. Issac James maybe?

You will get there. Boys names are HARD. Boys names are never easy regardless of it being your first or eighth boy I think. We've had our one and only girl's name picked out since I found out I was pregnant with DS1. My first was easy to name but he was named after a family member. DS2 wasn't too bad but I only picked out the second part of his first name and his middle. DS3 hubby picked his first (I actually wanted his name for DS2 but hubby wouldn't cave and chose it for DS3 for me). I said when I was pregnant with DS3 if he ever got another son then he's naming him as I am out of ideas. I told him I'll go with what ever. :haha: He's picked out Sebastian Kayde so that's what we are going with.

Boy names are torturing me at the moment too. We just cant decide on a name for the wee man.

Of your list i like Adam!

I love Alexander, and Alexander James is lovely.

I have an Oliver James just to add a new one in

Love the names on your list, we have a William and Ollie but other names i loved were

Matthew
Edward
Joseph
Elliott
Rowan
Jude

Xx

Thanks ladies for your input.

I think we've decided on a name....and it wasn't on either of our lists!

We're going for Owen. My OH is half Welsh and has always wanted a Welsh name. We're not using James or Alexander now either. Hehe
We realised at the weekend that both OH's brother and nephew have the middle name 'Alexander' and one of his cousins is an Alexander so we thought another with that middle name would be a bit much.
James has been used a lot in my family too. Both my granddads, my dad, my cousin and my OH are all James and my nephew has James as a middle name.

In the end we've gone for Philip. It's OH's uncles name who passed away at the end of May from cancer.

So....Owen Philip. What do you guys think?

Owen is our top name at the moment too. I love it! Owen Philip is lovely.

Owen Phillip is lovely!

I found boys names soooo much harder than girls. If this little one had been a girl we had a name picked so easily but it took a lot longer to agree a boys name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->