Why are people so shallow minded

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
I hate it, people often ask me how my daughters progressing but always try and put me down when i give them an answer.

My daughter is 13 months and been going to a childminder (who is also my sister) since 11 months. Within two weeks of being there she can clearly say oscar (name of their pet dog) there is no mistaking i as she says it and points at him and its so clear. It even on her progess chart she can say it ect. Well when i tell people they always say theres no way a 11month old could have learnt to say oscar they say words like mama and dada. It annoys me they aint pleased for how shes progressing and try to prove me wrong.

Its the same when i say shes doing really good shes really polite and nearly always says ta when you pass her something or see something she wants. And they go a 13month old cant possible be that polite. I think i know what my daughter can do.

WHY CANT PEOPLE JUST BE HAPPY FOR ME :growlmad::dohh:

Apparently I had 20 words before my first birthday. It's unusual yes but people shouldn't disbelieve you!

OMG all i can say is those people are THICK!!!!!hun LOL.The cheek of them.Jealousys a bitch ha ha.Dont mind those stupid stupid people.Seriously are they thick????lol

Well done to your lil one:)Shes right on track xoxox

They are probably jealous lol. Gosh my DD is 2 and doesn't say things like that so i'm jealous :haha:

people are jealous and i'm probably just as guilty lol but i would never rain on somebody's parade because of it. you have every right to feel proud and pleased at your little girl's progress; sounds like she's doing brilliantly. my son isn't talking anything like my friends lo's and iadmit it's hard to see sometimes but i think everybody has a right to feel proud of their lo and it's just churlish to take that away from someone. my daughter on theother hand has been saying "mama" for a few weeks now and i'm almost certain we had "dada" the other day xx

people are jealous and i'm probably just as guilty lol but i would never rain on somebody's parade because of it. you have every right to feel proud and pleased at your little girl's progress; sounds like she's doing brilliantly. my son isn't talking anything like my friends lo's and iadmit it's hard to see sometimes but i think everybody has a right to feel proud of their lo and it's just churlish to take that away from someone. my daughter on theother hand has been saying "mama" for a few weeks now and i'm almost certain we had "dada" the other day xx

yay for your daughter hope you get a clear dada soon :D

and my i say this is only my 2nd post over here as i been scared to make the jump, but everyones so friendly :D

my son was speaking in setences by 13 months so i would belive it. most people either dont know alot about what kids possibly can do just cause theres didnt doesnt mean that yours cant

They sound like they are jealous. If it makes them feel better I'd just leave them to it :lol:

I have a friend whose baby talked, clear as can be, at SIX MONTHS OLD. So, I believe you.

Just don't mind them! Or maybe you could say "Why won't you come to our home and see for yourself". This people are nerve wracking!!!

My 1st sons first word was dada at 10 months after dada it was daisy,daisy was our dog he was 11 months when he could say daisy!
My oh said he could say daisy but I didn't believe him until one day the dog walked past him and he was calling her!
I'm sorry people don't believe you!

Well I think it's GREAT. :thumbup: My thirteen month old doesn't say 'ta' yet but she is very good at sharing (I'm sure that will change at some point). I can't wait until she says her first proper word. She does says 'nigh nigh' when she's ready for her naps and bedtime. She has started calling me 'Nana' which I am not best pleased with! :haha:

Stuff everyone else, you're daughter sounds like she is fabulous and I'm pleased for you, as I'm sure everyone else here is. :happydance:

what a clever little girl you have x
My niece who is now 8yrs old could count to 10 at 15months so I can totally believe your little saying Oscar at 11 months x some babies just pick up things quicker than others x Every child is different x
Sounds like they are jealous to me hun x

Their jealous, some people just see things as a big competition, how much taller, bigger,smarter their LO's are compared to others....having worked with 0-5's for more years than i can remember.... i totally believe you.... ignore them xxx

Yes I'm not doing it as a competition just because I'm proud of my daughter I'm always pleased for others whether their children do things before or after Chloe. Some do some things quicker others do different things quicker

I hate this too - Its like they need proof before they'll even consider your not lying :nope:

Ignore them, your daughters doing brilliantly.

They're just rediculous! It's like they ask just so they can comment!

It's not unusual for a first word to be a dog's name, as that seems the be the name said most in the household!

Tom's first word was Alfie (said addee!) Way before he said mummy & daddy!

My 12 month old can just about say our cats name - the cats called treacle and she says what sounds like tickle and points at the cat everytime she walk into the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->