why are people so shocked???

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
i dont understand why people are so surprised that a women of 25 has 3 children? i mean what is the big deal?? i was in the docs yesterday and the girls where talking to this old lady telling her that they have a new baby lucy and she was asking them if they were sisters and is this your mummy and she then turned to me and said are they all yours and i proudly said yes and she went wow 3 children your so young and i went well iam 25! then in the post office someone made a remark behind my back saying 'shes got her handsful'
i mean why do people do it! why is it so shocking?

is anybody else shocked by this and if so why?

I think the old woman was probably being judgemental but the person in the post office might have just said it because you have 3 young kids. Which is wonderful but people know it's hard work. I know a lady of 35 who has 3 young kids and people make comments about her. It is awful that people pass judgement like that. But don't worry that it's your age. Having said that...I get paranoid all the time that people think I'm doing an awful job because I'm young (I'm 22). Like I forgot socks for Alasdair's spare set of clothes when I was shopping the other day and then his nappy leaked so I had to change everything and then I felt like everyone was staring at me and making comments about the fact that he didn't have socks on! I think, really, people just think they have to make a comment when they see young children. Especially if they're old. They probably aren't thinking straight.

I wouldn't say I'm shocked by it, but I can't imagine doing it! I'm 27 and I am just now thinking that I'm grown up enough to have one kid. I can't imagine if I had been a parent at 20. I have lots of friends that are my age and have at least 3 kids.

I think the old woman was probably being judgemental but the person in the post office might have just said it because you have 3 young kids. Which is wonderful but people know it's hard work. I know a lady of 35 who has 3 young kids and people make comments about her. It is awful that people pass judgement like that. But don't worry that it's your age. Having said that...I get paranoid all the time that people think I'm doing an awful job because I'm young (I'm 22). Like I forgot socks for Alasdair's spare set of clothes when I was shopping the other day and then his nappy leaked so I had to change everything and then I felt like everyone was staring at me and making comments about the fact that he didn't have socks on! I think, really, people just think they have to make a comment when they see young children. Especially if they're old. They probably aren't thinking straight.

Bella NEVER has socks on! I forget them all the time. It's still hot here though, so I don't think it matters.

i dont understand why people are so surprised that a women of 25 has 3 children? i mean what is the big deal?? i was in the docs yesterday and the girls where talking to this old lady telling her that they have a new baby lucy and she was asking them if they were sisters and is this your mummy and she then turned to me and said are they all yours and i proudly said yes and she went wow 3 children your so young and i went well iam 25! then in the post office someone made a remark behind my back saying 'shes got her handsful'
i mean why do people do it! why is it so shocking?

is anybody else shocked by this and if so why?

My step mum has just turned 22 and shes got 4 kids, aged 6 and under. now that is a handful lol .. kjust ignore what they have to say .. your a brilliant mommaa, ignore those who are jealous :D x

Forget what people say,you are doing a fantastic job....your kids look clean, healthy and happy so that proves it!
My mum had 4 under the age of 5 by the time she was 27 and with my dad away in the navy she just had to get on.
:hugs:

Ignore them, idiots. I get stares all the time and im 22 with 1 little one, it's really annoying!

I guess because the trend is moving for more people to wait until they are in their 30's to have children. I am 33 and my DH is 32 and we just had our first baby. Most of the couple I know are well into their 30s and just starting their families. People are now expected to go to university and travel and party in their 20's. To each his own I say.

omg the old people well piss me off!! thing i dont get is, why is it so unacceptable to have kids young these days (in the eyes of old people), when back in the days when they had kids, you were married off by 16/17 and had 3 kids by the time you were 20?! well winds me up!!

yeah i have found that most people in my mother and baby group are in their 30's so i find it difficult to make friends of my own age, its hard because i have always been older than my years due to having to grow up fast as my childhood wasnt the best so i find some people my age not on my wave lengh

omg the old people well piss me off!! thing i dont get is, why is it so unacceptable to have kids young these days (in the eyes of old people), when back in the days when they had kids, you were married off by 16/17 and had 3 kids by the time you were 20?! well winds me up!!

that is so true!!! so why do they look down on people who decide to have children in their early 20's?? when they did iot themselves? strange lol

I agree with the post office lady not meaning anything except they are all young.

It's different over here.. all kinds of girls have babies young where I live. I didn't plan on having Colton so young, he was a surprise (not a bad one though :D).
However, your oldest is only 3.. by the time I'm 25 Colton will be.. um.. 5.
I'm only 19 and Colton was born just 2 months after I turned 19. I want to have my second when he is 3-4, so I will be about 23-24 then.
And honestly, I didn't want to wait too long to have kids. Yes, I didn't plan on as young as it happened but I wanted my first around 22-23. I want to be able to play with my kids as they grow up. I dont want to be 60 when they are 20! I want to be able to play with my grandbabies and watch them grow into young teenagers.
My stepdad is 51, and his son (my youngest brother) is 11. By the time he is having kids my stepdad will be in his 60's!!

25 and 3 kids I'm not a shock to me but I will admit that I did have one woman who came into my work who was 25 and on her 8th child. Now that was an OMG and she thought so too. *LOL*

ignore them... my sister has 3 children and she is 25... 1 when she was 17, 1 when she was 18 and the last one at 24 xx

When i was 25 i had 3 kids and now im 29 with 4 kids and wouldnt change a thing. Very hard work but def worth it xx

Also my MIL had 4 boys all under 5 at 25... now thats hard work!! :rofl: xxx

I'm 15(though I look MUCH older) with one child, & the looks I get are horrible though I don't get very many comments..

I'm 15(though I look MUCH older) with one child, & the looks I get are horrible though I don't get very many comments..

i no people are horrible i get looks and people staring all the time because i dont look my age i look alot younger than i am and having 3 children people are so shocked by it, most of the time it doesnt bother me but there are the days it really does.:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->