Why can't I sleep at night

Lesley 576

Reaction score
I'll fall asleep but then i'll wake up in 2 hours. My ears are ringing and head hurts. It's a very weird feeling that my head. I have it during the day but it's 100 times worse at night. Women usually sleep 10-12 hours durning this time. I sleep like 4 hours.

i went throgh this a few weeks back - it was a vicious circle. I was exhausted but couldnt sleep. The more i stressed about the lack of sleep the more i couldnt sleep.

i was so upset, i was physically exhausted. It has passed, the ironic thing was that once I got a good nights sleep i was then ok. The thing is when i cant sleep i cant stop thinking of things and the thoughts keep me awake.

my mum said to me that i should pretend i am lying on the beach (at the waters edge) and tense up my toes, focus on scrunching them up. then release them.

Then move down to your heals (scrunch them up - yes this is impossible but trying takes your mind off what ur thinking about). Work your way up your body (calves, knees etc etc). I kind of got bored and then focussed on starting with my hands and working up my arms.

I actually slept the night i tried this technique. Not great - but rather than 2-3 hours i think i got 6 hours broken sleep. The next night i got more like 8 and i have been on that since and am a lot better now. :)

I know it sounds silly but it really did work for me.

i went throgh this a few weeks back - it was a vicious circle. I was exhausted but couldnt sleep. The more i stressed about the lack of sleep the more i couldnt sleep.

i was so upset, i was physically exhausted. It has passed, the ironic thing was that once I got a good nights sleep i was then ok. The thing is when i cant sleep i cant stop thinking of things and the thoughts keep me awake.

my mum said to me that i should pretend i am lying on the beach (at the waters edge) and tense up my toes, focus on scrunching them up. then release them.

Then move down to your heals (scrunch them up - yes this is impossible but trying takes your mind off what ur thinking about). Work your way up your body (calves, knees etc etc). I kind of got bored and then focussed on starting with my hands and working up my arms.

I actually slept the night i tried this technique. Not great - but rather than 2-3 hours i think i got 6 hours broken sleep. The next night i got more like 8 and i have been on that since and am a lot better now. :)

I know it sounds silly but it really did work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->