Why can't I stop worrying about bad things?

nickyjl

Nervously Pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 4 weeks and 3 days with my first and I am terrified. All I have done since I found out is read about miscarriage statistics and other bad stuff on the internet. I am so convinced something bad will happen that I can't be happy, just keep crying.

It seems like there are sooooo many women on here who have had miscarriages. Its really spooked me.

I can't think beyond the next 24 hours when I should be excited about the future.

I know everyone must feel scared but I am just fixated on bad things happening and its all I can think about.

Please help!

Nicky

Aw love :hugs:

This is my first and I worry about stuff like that too but then I think.. What will be will be. If I am meant to have this baby then I will.

Everything could be fine and I have an amazing 9 months, but then I will think back that all I did was worry when I didn't need to and wasted the precious moments,

Alternatively it could go the other way, and although I don't think I will ever be prepared for it, it happens.

Just remember hundreds of millions of women have healthy babies every year with no problems.

Just take every day as it comes and enjoy it while you can!

Hey. The first week I found out I was crying all the time, couldn't sleep, totally hysterical a couple of times cos I was sooo convinced something would happen. I was seriously worried about my mental health!! I'm still worried and nervous but living with it now and genuinely excited about baby at times!! It really does get easier, it's just hard for u now because it's all sooo new and scary. I felt so vulnerable the first couple of weeks. Hormones are going mental too but I promise u that does get better. Keep away fro
Mc stats cos none of them are stats for YOUR pregnancy anyway, and this forums so massive it does seem like it happens a lot but most pregnancys are happy and healthy and most mc actually happen before where u are anyway!!

Hugs and don't be alone x x

Thanks so much ladies, so glad I'm not alone! I'm driving my poor fiance nuts because he justs wants to be excited and I keep putting a downer on things!

Munchkin, that is such good advice about how the stats are not for my pregnancy - I hadn't thought of it that way.

Wishing you both happy and healthy pregnancies! x

Thanks so much ladies, so glad I'm not alone! I'm driving my poor fiance nuts because he justs wants to be excited and I keep putting a downer on things!

Munchkin, that is such good advice about how the stats are not for my pregnancy - I hadn't thought of it that way.

Wishing you both happy and healthy pregnancies! x

My DH is the same, he wants to tell everyone as he is so optimistic, and I keep bringing him back to earth that things may not go as planned and we can only hope we have a happy healthy baby .. :thumbup:

He thinks I'm a scrooge but he does understand....... a little :haha:

I wish you the best and luck and a H&H 9 months!

Nicky, I'm right there with you unfortunately! I got my bfp three days ago, and only 7 days after I was told I probably won't be able to concieve naturally.

To top it all off, I had very light pink spotting yesterday and a little this morning. I freaked out - but I learned that it is completely normal - and even almost a good thing to see that the little bean is getting quite comfortable in my uterus.

It's easy for me to freak out - but we just have to keep telling ourselves that chances are that everything will be ok and you are more likely to have a healthy nine months than not. Stay positive and take it one day at a time. That's all we can do!

i was exactly the same and i still am!! People said it would get easier etc but it doesnt as, for me, there is always a new worry. I also read all about miscarriages and missed miscarriages and scared myself silly but then all you have to do is look around you to see how many people have had healthy babies, we wouldnt be here otherwise. Try your best to enjoy your pregnancy, hope you can make it a happy one :) x

Stop reading statistics and about miscarriage- you'll drive yourself crazy!!!! Worrying over it won't stop it from happening- if it's going to happen it wil happen but chances are it won't!
try do something to get your mind off of that- play video games, read, clean the house anything to distract yourself. You'll have a much happier pregnancy if you do and it will go by faster:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->