Why can't she just be a kid?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
I try to kick my daughter outside to play with the neighbors next door but she, more often than not, would rather clean.

She's been bugging me for weeks to clean the inside of my truck. Yes, it's messy due to the kids and dog, but I just don't have the energy.

Right now, I told her to go and play. But, instead, she'd rather wash the dishes and floor.

I just want her to be a kid. Yes, it's nice that she helps out and is so sweet in that nature, but she needs to enjoy her childhood.

Anyone else have a daughter like this?

oh my thats so strange that she'd rather clean lol cant say i know of any child that'd choose cleaning over playing wow.

Oh my i wish i had a daughter like that or evan a OH that was like that

It's funny cause my son is like that... he is 3 and he loves helping out around the house and in the kitchen. I took him to a friend of his' 3rd B-day party, and while everyone was gathered around watching her open her presents William was running around worried about the mess :rofl:
Everyone says Oh I wish, or take advantage of it... but I would rather him interacting with the other kids (he usually does)

LOL, my daughter is exactly the same, she is always asking for me to give her jobs to do, i try & get her to play instead, but she'd rather help me!!

wow, I have never heard of this :shock:

I was exactly like this!

Can I ask if shes always been like this or since u've been pregnant??

With me, when my mum fell pregnant with my gorgeous little brother, I wasnt jealous but I knew when he arrived things would change so I loved hanging around my mum & helping out!!

It may be her way of wanting to stay close to you. Thats what it was for me!!

X

My daughter is 6. She loves to help!

I have to say, maybe it's because OH and I run our businesses and she sees this going on. Perhaps that's the way her life will go.

During spring break in March, she had the neighbors kids over and she was directing them in cleaning our house. LOL

Anyhow, yes it's nice, but I'd rather her play and be a kid!

I was exactly like this!

Can I ask if shes always been like this or since u've been pregnant??

With me, when my mum fell pregnant with my gorgeous little brother, I wasnt jealous but I knew when he arrived things would change so I loved hanging around my mum & helping out!!

It may be her way of wanting to stay close to you. Thats what it was for me!!

X

She's always been a helpful girl and loves to clean, but, yes, I think it's gotten a little worse since I've been pregnant.

But, then again, she's in this mode to make money too! She's figuring it out that if she cleans etc. she will get money. LOL

My almost 5 year old son could care less. LOL

She's always been a helpful girl and loves to clean, but, yes, I think it's gotten a little worse since I've been pregnant.

But, then again, she's in this mode to make money too! She's figuring it out that if she cleans etc. she will get money. LOL

Lol I love her business sense!!

What is it with kids & money??

At my nans funeral last week I watched my little brother go round collecting money off long lost cousins, aunts, uncles etc

I overheard him tell one poor cousin 'well u have missed all of my birthdays!!'

I really wouldnt worry about ur daughter. Just think in a few years she's gonna think its uncool to hang around with you & I bet u'll miss her then. So enjoy!

X

I wish my DD was still like that. She's outgrown that in the past couple of years. She's almost 9 now. She's slightly more helpful and a lot more doting since I got pregnant but would still much rather go play than clean anything, especially her room.

Try not to worry...if she wanted to play she would!!!! I absloutely LOVE cleaning.....!! Always have!! Would much rather stay in and clean my house from top to bottom then go out!! ha ha Hasnt done me any harm!!

yes my oldest is the same she doesnt go out and helps me all the time when she has her best mate over her mate helps to lol mad yes but its what they want to do maybe she knows u need help and she wants to help u all my kids help from my twins 4yrs old to my oldest 13 its good and helps them in life

My 6 year old cousin is like this. She's fanatic. Her bed wasn't perfectly smooth and she closed her door and remade her entire bed before she let me in. I personally think THAT is a bit neurotic, but what can you do? Maybe she'd just prefer to be around you because she fails safer and more comforted? I wouldn't be too concerned, at least you know where she is and what she's doing :)

I think a part of it is also that she's going through a tough time at school with the other girls. https://www.babyandbump.com/kids-teenagers/23155-breaks-my-heart.html

Just read ur other post & it made me so sad

Kids are so cruel at times. My younger brother is mixed race & the comments that some kids made was disgusting. He cried because he wanted to be white. When I came back from my hols one year I was so tanned. He said 'Kel when you go away you come back brown, so if I go can I come back white?' Thtas heart breaking

Its bad when adults do it though. An old school friend of mine made some nasty comment about Lewis so I just punched him. God it drives me crazy!

Aww, that is sad! You'd think that the racism would be over by now, but it's not. :hugs::hugs:

Just read ur other post & it made me so sad

Kids are so cruel at times. My younger brother is mixed race & the comments that some kids made was disgusting. He cried because he wanted to be white. When I came back from my hols one year I was so tanned. He said 'Kel when you go away you come back brown, so if I go can I come back white?' Thtas heart breaking

Its bad when adults do it though. An old school friend of mine made some nasty comment about Lewis so I just punched him. God it drives me crazy!

That is so sad :(

We used to have the girl next door over quite a lot when we first moved in our house, but then all of a sudden it stopped. Not only did it stop but they put boards up in the garden to stop Jade and this little girl talking together......the little girl told Jade "I am not a loud to play with you because you are white, my Mum would not have a white person in my house, but my Dad and borther are nicer" Jade was heartbroken. Even til this day she will not open her mouth to me or Jade in front of her family but used to wave secretly.

If the parents are like it, how do we expect our kids to learn & the world to get better?

My blood boils! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"