why can't you use tampons?

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
for the after bleeding? i mean isn't it just like a prolonged period anyway?

I'm asking cos i'm fed up with having a wet towel stuck to my butt day in day out and it's making me sore:dohh:

after needing to were towels all the time while preggo i'm forgetting what it's like to just have knickers on! lol

apparently tampons increase the risk of infection, i hate using the towels too, i use tampons when have period and would much rather use them now!!

YOu should aviod tampons till yoru 6 week check - due to the risk of infection hun - i know it sucks but better than an infection ?

righto...... I've tried using always thinking they'd feel drier but they just feel like you've lined your knicks with cling film and the thick towels feel like your sat on a pillow......ho hum, hope it's not for too much longer now, keep thinking my bleeding has stopped then it starts up again, esp after a shower. I'll have to put sudocrem on my bits cos it's getting like nappy rash on it, lol.

I remember getting that and nipple crean works reaaly well - lol sounds weird now i have told someone

I got Always, but not the towels for periods, I think they were maybe the incontinence pads that they do? :blush: Huuuge thick things, but they didn't feel cling-filmy, absorbed LOADS and were really comfy. I had a 2nd degree tear & haematoma, and because they were so thick and cushioned they made it a bit more comfy to sit down :lol: They're in a blue/purple packet. When I was using them, Tesco had them on 3 for 2, so I just stocked up and resigned myself to changing them often!

Imagine on your uterus, a wound the size of where the placenta attatched. That's what's trying to heal. As the previous gals said, infection..

give yourself time to heal or you may get an infection, its not like a period its an open wound where the placeta was and needs time to heal over, you may notice the more active you are during the day, the heavier you might feel. i would suggest you wait untill you have at least your second real period. sudocream works wonders lol i had nasty grazes and it was the only thing that stopped the pain when peeing

infection and to be honest I dont think that they would be absorbent enough and may even just fall out, I mean you just really got all stretched up, also trust me you wont want to touch that area never mind stick anything up it. most people are afraid to pee never mind put in a tampon.

Also your cervix takes about 6 weeks to close up

righto...... I've tried using always thinking they'd feel drier but they just feel like you've lined your knicks with cling film and the thick towels feel like your sat on a pillow......ho hum, hope it's not for too much longer now, keep thinking my bleeding has stopped then it starts up again, esp after a shower. I'll have to put sudocrem on my bits cos it's getting like nappy rash on it, lol.

try and air yourself out, i made time to sit in bed with nothing on down there and a towel under me. helps a lot to let it breathe, prevents rash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->