Why did I marry a man with a large family?! Rant

ChristiansMum

Mummy of 3 and 1 angel
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love my husband but his family is so big it feels like there is hardly any names left to use!
He is the eldest of 9 and has 6 cousins off one uncle (his mums side) and they all have 2 middle names each! And his dad's side is just ridiculous, DH thinks he has between 15 and 20 first cousins!

My family is just simple and little I have 1 brother and 3 first cousins and that's it and we only have 1 middle name.

We find out on Friday if we are team pink or blue and all we have is middle names for a boy ... That's it!

I feel your pain, I have 17 cousins who themselves have 14 children and counting. There is one name I love and plan to use as a mn if I have another boy.

I feel your pain, I have 34 cousins, and I don't even know how many children us cousins have between us, it's ridiculous, and my husband has a ridiculous amount of cousins too. Some of my cousins/cousins children have the same name. So far we haven't doubled up on a name (I don't think), but if we do have a girl next then I know one of my cousins has a daughter called Phoebe, it doesn't bother me tho as we aren't a close family.

We actually have a pretty small family and are not close to cousins or anything so in theory there should be many names that are available to us. That being said, between close friends and family's children, majority of the names I loved have been used grr!

Hubby actually loved my sister in laws name and could not for the life of him understand why we can't use it.. he still doesn't get it lol.. men :dohh:

We actually have a pretty small family and are not close to cousins or anything so in theory there should be many names that are available to us. That being said, between close friends and family's children, majority of the names I loved have been used grr!

Hubby actually loved my sister in laws name and could not for the life of him understand why we can't use it.. he still doesn't get it lol.. men :dohh:

My SIL wanted to call her daughter my name because she had always liked it but called her daughter another name because it would get too confusing x

I have 60 first cousins. Not kidding. Bloody Catholics :haha:

But I haven't even bothered to find out if there are any more Rorys, because I loved the name anyway. I did/do love the name Sophie, which is my sister's name, but that wouldn't put me off it as much as its general popularity.

Last time OH stopped me using the name Alfie which I loved and still do, simply because his friend's little brother had that name. But of course he no longer even sees said friend :dohh:

My family is quite small with popular names (that I wouldn't copy anyways) but my cousin had a boy with the name I always dreamed to name my boy. Since then I have unfortunately been turned off as I don't want to be associated with that particular cousin anymore. It's just unfortunate.

That's why I like unique names/spellings so that it's not likely to be copied or anything. I did just read something with the name Michaelyn which I'm assuming is the same pronunciation as my chosen girl name Mikaelyn but that wouldn't change my mind whatsoever as I LOVE this name and have for years!!

where as im sure its hard there are literally millions of names, it cant be that hard to find ones that arnt used surley

and

if you really love a name that is in use then use it anyway... the person will probably be flattered and uncles/cousins arnt that close (my brother and sons names are only 1 letter difference and their is never a problem)

I'm in the same position as well. I have a teeny family and hubby is one of twenty cousins and he is the last one to have a baby and only five of the cousins children have a different surname to ours.

All of the obvious names are used so we are struggling....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->