Why Did You Choose Formula

^^^ same here.

BF didn't feel like a natural thing for me to do so I FF from the start.

Hmm. Wasn't much of a choice. My breast milk dried up overnight. Not upset or anything about formula feeding though! :flow:

I started Bfing, then I pumped. I had no support what so ever. And I developed postnatal depression, so I switched to FF for the the sake of my mental well-being and for the sake of my child Edit: Found a post explaining better why I FF

I loved BF for a short period of time. But due to lack of support and not knowing where to go to seek it, BF was also one of the main reasons I developed Postnatal depression.

I pumped for a while after but I was constantly on the pump. I went on a downward spiral of depression, anxiety and the feeling of being a 'failure'. While I think was amplified by the attitude some people have to FF. I felt if I went to FF I would be seen as lazy, selfish and all the other horrible things FF mums get labelled with. But I switched for the sake of my mental well-being and for the good of my son. Becuase If I hadn't I don't think he would have a mummy today

x

This is pretty much the same reason why I switched to FF. I will definitely try to BF my next baby if I don't have postpartum depression.

I breastfed for about 3 days... I don't care what people say though it does hurt! In the end I couldn't do it anymore I ended up in tears as OH couldn't so anything to help, my left boob was full and really hurt but he wouldnt eat from it and he just never seemed satisfied. I'm much happier bottle feeding him :)

I chose to formula feed before Jake was born.
I just wanted to.

If I had wanted to breastfeed, I would've done. But I didn't. Im not too sure why really I just didn't want to :shrug:

I was so adamant about wanting to breastfeed, along with hoping for a natural birth. However, I ended up in the hospital for 10 days due to pre-eclampsia and had a c-section due to failed induction. I was pumped up with antibiotics for 72 hours prior to the c-section. I was refused pain relief once LO was out and the spinal block wore off due to possibility of medication being passed on through my milk, so I felt like I had been hit by a truck and could barely move, which made it harder to get her to latch on. LO was a forceful feeder, had a poor latch due to a tight upper lip frenulum and I developed bruises and blisters on my nipples. She was also born with jaundice and we both developed thrush due to the antibiotics. I tried pumping for hours on end. My milk amounts just weren't up to par. :(

I felt guilty, yet relieved once I switched to formula. The midwives made me feel like shit for my decision and OH wasn't all too happy, but in the end, it was my decision. I did what I thought was best for LO at the time and she is now a very happy, healthy baby! :thumbup:

I combine feed, DS had tongue tie and due to inability to latch on he developed jaundice. Tongue tie was fixed at 2.5 weeks after which he latched on a dream and cracked nipples disappeared but I lost confidence to exclusively bf which affected me badly for a while as I never thought I'd encounter any problems, if tongue tie had been fixed at birth I probably would be exclusively bf but such is life. Luckily he likes both bottle and breast.

I never wanted to FF and I am still dealing with the massive guilt issues I have around not BF although it is getting easier. LO had a tongue tie that was missed, she couldn't latch and lost 14% of her bodyweight in the first week. I supplemented with formula and expressed until I got an infection due to retained placental membranes and the AB's dried up my milk supply.
Not sure what I'd do if I ever have another baby, is the guilt of never attempting better or worse than the overwhelming feeling of failure when it doesn't work :shrug: :cry:

I never wanted to FF and I am still dealing with the massive guilt issues I have around not BF although it is getting easier. LO had a tongue tie that was missed, she couldn't latch and lost 14% of her bodyweight in the first week. I supplemented with formula and expressed until I got an infection due to retained placental membranes and the AB's dried up my milk supply.
Not sure what I'd do if I ever have another baby, is the guilt of never attempting better or worse than the overwhelming feeling of failure when it doesn't work :shrug: :cry:

I would imagine that if you want to bf but choose not to for whatever reason, you would feel more guilt than if you tried and it didn't work out.

I know that choosing to ff was the right thing for me and I'm 100% happy with my decision. I've never felt guilty about not bf. But if it's something that feels natural for you to do but you don't, I bet that would eat away at you.

:hugs:

bigbetty your pic of Fran eating is soooo cute, she's gorgeous! xx

[QUOTE Thank you so much! I love the photo collage you have on your signature :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! He's changed so much since they were taken, it flies by doesn't it? :flower:

[QUOTE Thank you so much! I love the photo collage you have on your signature :)

Thanks! He's changed so much since they were taken, it flies by doesn't it? :flower:[/QUOTE]

It sure does - I can't believe that Fran will be 5 months old on Tuesday :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->