Why Did You Choose The Name You Did?

J

Jade--x

Random :) But what made you choose the name you did for your LO? Was there a reason or did you just like it? :)

Tyler Jack

Tyler - Because I don't know any Tyler's and it's an uncommon name (I wanted something different to other people in his school)

Jack - After my only grandad that I knew who died 2 years ago. His real name was Keith, but I didn't think Tyler Keith sounded right and ever since he was a kid everyone called him Jack, even his Mum and Dad.

aww nice thread!

with maddilynne we had three main choices - maddilynne, caitlyn and regan - we both loved all three choices, but when we first saw maddi she just looked like a maddi!!

with hope - we chose this first - we always see her as our little ray of 'hope' as i was told i couldn't have children, i actually love the name more than the name maddi and she probably shouldn't have been first name hope :dohh:

Niamh - a traditional Scottish/Irish name. I am 1/2 Scots 1/2 Irish, OH is Scottish. It's a name from a beautiful Irish legend too about a love story.

Elizabeth - I really wanted this as her first name, but OH wouldn't budge. It means 'God's Gift' or 'God is my promise'. We had an awful pregnancy and nearly lost Niamh 5 times so to me she is a gift from God.

Rose - a name I loved that is also my best friend's surname.

We picked Brooke because out of all the names we liked it was the only name we kept coming back too.

Also there arent that many about ... well there wasnt when she was born :lol:

Simon is not very common in our part of the world, so no worries about there being multiple Simons in every class he attends. It's not too unusual or hard to pronounce, so we felt like he'd have some distinction without having to constantly correct people about how to say his name (he'll get plenty of that with his French surname!).
Albion was my great-grandfather's name and hasn't been used since my great-uncle, so I thought I would like to revive it. I love this name - it's very distinguished and has Arthurian roots. I would have loved it to be Simon's first name, but I'm not as fond of "Al" or "Albi", so we left it as his middle name.

Gabriel - Strong Biblical name, no reason other than that.

Christian - Because it's cute and sounded good with Gabriel.

I'm due with #3 and if it's a Boy we'll call him Elijah to stick with the biblical names, girl Mia because DH likes it. :D

My twin sister (Hayley) picked the name Reese so we decided to have her middle name after her.

my hubby picked the name Roxie & we both loved the name Rose.

Good thread!

Well Originally we chose a name and middle name, and someone else on the forum chose the exact same combination haha!
So me and hub sat down one night and decided on what we liked letter wise.
We were looking at baby name websites and saw 'Delilah', which I loved the 'Lilah' bit of. so we took 'Lilah' and googled it, and found it to be slightly more common, so we changed the spelling to something more unique.
First it was Leilah. Then we changed it to Lyla, and eventually re added the h, and got Lylah.
It means alot to us because we sat and ''invented' between us our baby girls name.
According to Google, it has a meaning-

'The French name Lyla means - island'

Bump will be Alexandra Reynold

Alexandra was one of the few names dh and I could agree on (I still really want Aoife - but that has got no chance as he hates it)

Reynold is my grandad's name and dh had no choice about using it as a middle name. Everyone in his family hates it, my family aren't too keen either, but understand the reason (I was very close to my grandad), but I love it.

Kyle - Because i love that name and only 2 people i no have it
Dylan - My familys tradition to give 1 of your children a name starting with D
Wailes - Jamies family tradition for all boys to be Wailes Newson
Newson - as said above lol

Bump will be Jason John

Jason is his daddy's name and I've always said iff I ever had a little boy he'd be named after his father (if he was a good father that is - and my Oh is the best bloke in the world in my opinion)

John is his grandad's name - OH's dad - it was either John or James which is my dad's name but my nephew has James as his middle name so we went with John (sorry if it's confusing lol)

OH and I will call him JJ as our own personal little nickname - woe betide anyone else who calls him that though!! :grr:lol

John-Rhys - we chose because every male in my husbands family is called John-(something) but is called by their middle name for example my OH is John Colin but we call him Colin. So we call John-Rhys, Rhys obviously LOL. The Rhys part was chosen because its welsh and Colin wanted his initials to be JR lol.. Colins uncle and his GF are having a baby in september and are calling him John-Ryan :cloud9:

Ffion Lowri (pronounced Fee-on Low-ree *not L-hour-ree*) - Ffion was always gonna be Ffion really.. there wasnt really any other names batted around.. her middle name we struggled on, we wanted something welsh obviously.. we wanted angharad but then realised her initials would be FAJ :shock: then we decided on Haf (welsh for summer) because she was born in June but last minute Colin changed his mind and we decided on Lowri.

Luisa- just because i have always loved the name.. (it is spelt the italian way for Louise)

Nicole- OH spent 2 hours looking at girls names as he was choosing her middle name and this is the one he really liked

Pierina- after my grandma who lost her battle with cancer 6 weeks before luisa was born

xxx

Paris Brooke was the only name we could agree on, i worked in a nursery at the time and no other child had that name we were going to have Brooke as her first name, but one of my friends had a girl and decided to name her that first

but they are the only 2 names that didnt remind us of people we already new

Lucy was going to be called Imogen. It was on of the only names we could agree on and wanted something a bit different. Lucy was one of our choices for middle name but my nan loved it and really wanted us to have it as her first name. She sadly died when I was 8 months pregnant and so we decided in her memory to call her Lucy. Nan would have been so proud xx

Holly - Cos its the only name me and oh could agree on and a wanted a name ending in a Y cas then it would b ally, tony, holly and i think thats nice.

Jane - Cos its my mums name and she was diagnosed with a terminal illness just before i found out i was pregnant, she was really uset cos she thought she would never meet her grandchild but fate had different ideas! So Jane after her!!

My son William got his name because..........

I love the name Will but OH said not on it's own

I liked Lee but not on it's own

My OH liked Liam but my friend has a son called Liam

So he got the full lot

Will-Lee-Liam - William lol i thought it was very clever of us to come up with it:rofl:

Connor - just because me and OH liked it
Edward - after my grandad who died 3 years ago

Marley after Bob Marley :D

Darien because It means gift and he is truly a gift :)

Adrhianna as my little sister name is Rhianne and wanted sme of her name in it and Adrhianna as its so unusal, no-one has it lol

And
June as it was my nan name, Adrhianna was due on her death anniversary 13th april :D and she was the closest person to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->