Why Did You Choose The Name You Did?

We couldn't decide on a name for our son but one day while watching jim davidson he mentioned that his real name was cameron and it just clicked that that was the name we wanted and he fits the profile perfectly lol. We then asked my step-son to choose a middle name and he said lloyd and to us it was a perfect name, cameron lloyd!!

Quite different to how all you choose your names lol

Here are our reasons

Phoebe- Because i liked the programme charmed
Alexandra - My grandad/dad middle name

Alexander - after his sister grandad/dad
Matthew - robs brothers middle name

Jessica was always going to be Kacie-Elizabeth from day1 of findin out i was preganant.
I gave birth to her an we said she didnt look like a Kacie(dnt know wat kacie looks like hehe) then when i was let home my Niece who was then almost 3 came in and first thing she said was hello JESSICA lol fell in love with it and shed have been called it anyway as my niece is very strong willed lol although Jessica's dad hates it but likes Jessi so thats what he uses!
ELIZABETH- After my nan who died few yrs ago and jessi looks spit of!

our little girl is Imogen Rae, my husband chose Imogen as i could not decide between Imogen or Evie, and Rae as my Grandad is called Raymond and i have always been close to him. xxx

Halen-I liked Hayden but OH's cousin has a 1yr old called the same, and then I seen it on someone's siggy here and I just loved it.

Lee-OH's first name

Thomas - after my mum's dad, someone I've never met.

Peter - After my dad. :)

we have a Jacob Levi my DH chose Jacob and I chose Levi but we chose them with the intent of him having the same initials as his daddy which is JLJ. we didnt realize at the time that it is such a biblical name but that makes it even more precious to me.

we have chosen Zander Lucas for this lil boy Zander after my dad who is Zandal and Lucas was just a name we both agreed on as soon as we got our BFP as I liked it and DH wanted a Jake and a Luke for when he yells at them LOL! anyway the only thing about the name is it isnt either of our initials and its not biblical even though my mom says if we call him Luke it is biblical but I wanted full biblical name in the beginning so I guess Im giving that up as I love the name we have picked. we have agreed to call him Lucas (I gave in as I wanted to call him Zander). we did throw around the idea of biblical J names but we could not agree on one or it had already been taken by other family members. I also wanted to try a biblical C name but not to many stood out to me cause if we had a C middle name he would have had my initials. it was so much easier naming Jacob for some reason!

We named our son David Max

David Max was named after both of our grandfathers who passed away and they were like fathers to us and were great amazing men . They will forever be missed and loved and we wanted our son to be named after the two men who meant the world to us and will be carried on through our baby boy

I picked Mollies name out of spite, hear me out.

When i had her i was on postnatal and there was a woman in the other bed, slaggin off my choice to FF feed Mollie and she asked me if i was gonna BF i said no but i mite give it a chance when i got home where i would feel more comfortable.

Anyhoo this bitch told the MW i wanted to BF and the MW came in and asked me if this was true, i said mayb, then all of a sudden the MW started gettin Mollie to try and latch, i was 17, embarassed, sore and tired and the nipple she was usin was inverted which didnt help. I got so stressed and so did Mollie and she screamed the place down.

So after the MW left, i was close to tears and i asked this woman what she had called her baby, she said Mollie, i said for what you just put me thru im gonna call my daughter the same name. Her middle name is Georgina which i picked at random after the registrar asked me if she had 1.

I discharged myself 2 hours later, they are now in the same class at school:blush:

Taylors name is a homage to my Nans and dp Mum.

Taylor is my Nans maiden name, Elizabeth ismy Nans Christian name and June in dp Mums birth month, her real name is Muriel but i drew the line at giving her that name.

And Katies is a name i picked not long after Taylor died, not sure why. And Katies middle name is Rhiann after my bestest friend in the whole world, who held my hand when i gave birth to Taylor, who sat and listened to me ramble and cry and scream after she died who has looked after me for the last 8 yrs and i wouls totally trust with my life.

Sorry for the long post.

V xxxx

Elyse - a name I thought was really pretty and honestly it's an altered spelling of Elise, I really enjoy Beethoven.. and I remember hearing Fur Elise when I was younger and just loving it..

Maureen - OH's aunt's name. He wanted it, I let him have his way :dohh: TBH I hate the name Maureen, lol.

Kaitlin because we thought it was pretty and wasnt common then....and Isabelle was the same just pretty

Summer because 4 years ago it wasnt so common, and she was born in the summer with red hair.

Elsie was named after my grandmother.

Mason, i chose because all the men in my family are stone masons, and mason means, man whom works with stone.

If baby is a girl she will be Neila, the feminine form of my dads name, and if its a boy husband wants oscar, after his deceased grandad (but i dont like)

Benjamin - Because most of the other names we came up with either someone had or they reminded us of something. Also *Geek Alert* we like Star Wars and as OH wouldnt allow Anakin then we went for Benjamin (Old Ben). ... we also have a tortoise named Yoda !! The name also matches my OH name in sound ... 'Stephen'

John - It is OH middle name and it flowed quite nice.

(If we were to have a girl the middle name would have been 'May' as its a female generation thing on my side).

We had Zac picked out but then one day my mum was chatting about my grandads sisters great-grandson (confusing!) in Aus who's name was Harrison and I just fell in love with it straight away. And as soon as I saw him, it just 'fit' if you know what I mean!
So now the same family path at either side have Harrisons!
His middle names are: David Thomas which are his Grandads name and his Papas name :)

I had a dream before I found out I was pg that I had a son called Nehemiah and he was perfect in every way so I knew that would be my first son's name. I didn't tell anyone, but after my 21 week scan, my mum told me she had a dream that she met this lil boy and when she asked what his name was, he said Nehemiah. Lastly, I went to get my hair done the same week my mum told me that dream and the hairdresser asked if I had any names yet. I lied and said no and she said I have to call him Nehemiah lol. So I have battled for months with OH to call him that and I have finally won :D

Kayden-

We liked this as when i was pregnant 6 years ago we had NEVER heard the name before and thought it was brilliant. His parents are Irish so we took Caeden from the Irish and changed it to our english Kayden. It means spirit of battle and little warrior which i think is an ace meaning!
It is so popular now but i would still pick it now if i was to choose again, i think i would insist on the Irish spelling though as it is more traditional but his dad wouldn't have it that way.

Brianna- Just because I like it some people pronounce is Bre ANNA when its actually supposed to sound like Bri ahna if that makes sense

Jade- Honestly just because I loved the way Brianna Jade sounded and I've gotten sooo many compliments on her name guess I did a good job :happydance:

Seth because theres a character in my fave programme called that and I love the name. Also it's a bit different without calling him cellphone or something.

Thomas after my grandad who died 10 yrs ago

xxx

Hunter Gianni

Hunter- Because we both liked the name, even long before we thought about kids.

Gianni- We wanted a good Italian name, but not one that was in the family already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->