Why did you choose your babies name??

Elli21

Reaction score
I found in my old forum that i was a member of...that this question was great fun.
Why did you choose your babies name?

Leigha-Rose....Really i wanted Alexxia..but my husband didnt like it..so my next choice was Leigha, id chosen these names when i was 10 lol. Rose was because my mum wanted a Rose but my dad hated the name..so i added it to my daughters name as a gesture to my mum.

Thomas William..was named after my grandad. The best man in the world, apart from ym husband. William is in both sides of family so it fitted perfectly..

What about yours?

I've changed it about 4 times. One i really want is Elysia but my partner is scottish and can't pronounce it correctly and has automatically decided he doesn't lilke it. So my nose is back in the books.

They are lovely names :)

Kimberley-Rose, my first princess, i loved the name and so did hubby so we just had to call our girl it, i heard it on the telly really early on in pregnancy and said if we had a girl this is what we would call her, Rose is my mums name.

Connor Jack Samuel, well the only boys name i really seemed to like was connor!!, jack is after my husbands, auntie jacqeline (she died suddenly) and samuel is my fathers name, who died two years ago of cancer, and connor is just like my dad so it is nice.

Kyle Gary, I was really late in picking a name for kyle as i had loads of girls names and stuck on boys, we both agreed on kyle which i liked and gary is the name of my husband their dad.

Kaitlyn Sarah May, due end of august, it was either kaitlyn or chelsea,we decided on kaitlyn cos we are united fans lol sarah is my name and may is the name of my gran, i love this name and cant wait to call her it.

And that is my family LOVE EM ALL........

My little girl is going to be Jessica Norma Margaret. Jessica was the only girls name me and OH could agree on and now we love it. Norma is my late mothers name and margaret is OH's mum's name. So she will carry both her nannies names which I think is nice xXx

We had Daisy for a girl, but couldn't decide on a middle name! No reason, it was just pretty :)

We like Seth Thomas for a boy. Seth because it's not a name you hear every day, but its not really weird, and Thomas because it was my late grandads name who died 11 years ago.

Also Oliver John - Oliver because we liked Olli for short lol, and John was my OHs Grandads name. He never met him because he died quite young.

xxx

I chose Courtney Ellan....
Courtney I have just loved for like EVER!!! And we figured as she was conceived in america... give her an american name lol!!

Ellan is after my favourite football team Leeds United.... they play at Elland road!!! My OH is convinced its pronounced Ellen but ITS NOT!!! lol!!!

My daughter is Emily Anne - I had a friend called Emily when I was in my late teens and I always loved her name and said if I ever had a little girl thats what I'd call her!! Anne is her late grandmothers name and her godmothers name.

For this one if she was a boy we would have had Harry Richard David. We both instantly liked how Harry sounds with our surname and Richard and David are my Dad and Keith's late Dad's names.

As she's a girl at the moment she's going to be Hebe (prounounced Hee-bee). Emily went to school with a little girl called Hebe and we both said how much we liked it. Not sure on middle names yet. I like Amber - I just think it goes well with Hebe!

Anais Patricia Angel - I just love the name Anais & dont know anyone with it. Patricia I really really dislike but its in memory of my nan who passed away 3 weeks ago. Angel is obvious really - shes my angel :)

xx

Kyran Stuart - Kyran is Irish and my DH is half Irish and Stuart partly after my dad and partly after a good friend of ours who died last year.
Spelt it Kyran cos I have too much trouble getting the E and the I the right way round in the other spelling!!! (And Kyran Bracken is a good looking rugby playing bloke! lol)

maddison i chose for my first as i saw it on her dads armani tshirt the day she was born lol no other reason but i liked it!!

and this little man thomas christopher after oh's grandad and dad...
if we would have had a girl she would have been isabelle angelique because we liked the name izzy and my nan was angelique..

h x

Jayden Robert because my brothers name is Jamie (but gets called Jay) an i wanted it to mean something but be different too + Robert is my grandads name x

me and my partner was stuck for names, we browsed the internet, i found a web site that listed irish, african, celtic etc

we clicked on celtic and the 1st name we saw was the name we fell in love with so we are naming our little girl Alanna, (Al-R-Na) :)
and her middle name is gonna be lee as it flows nicely with my partners last name which is guest, so Alanna Lee Guest it is :)

God i do babble dont i :) xxxxxxxx

My little girl is Tegan Dakota. We choose Tegan before she was conceived, and we chose Dakota on the way to Mothercare when I was 18 weeks :)

They were just names I'd fallen in love with :)

Kiara - :) me and my boyfriend got it out of our movie lion king 2 :)
Its our movie because it described our situation with family etc etc
Plus its different and pretty :)

Girl: Madison Alyssa Victoria MacPhee
Madison-I just really like the name and liked the nickname Madi
Alyssa-Also just liked the name
Victoria-My moms middle name

Boy:Joshua Douglas Emmerson MacPhee
Joshua-Shawn really liked the name and convinced me (I originally wanted Zachary, Zach for short)
Douglas-My deceased biological fathers name (I am going to explain about him and my family story in a pregnancy journal tomorrow if you want to read about it)
Emmerson-My step dad (whom I call dad)'s middle name

Thomas Jean for a boy. Tomas is my mother's maiden name (we're going to spell with the "h" though 'cause it's just irritating to always have your name spelled wrong by people) Jean is french & helps it blend with our last name.

Vivian for a girl. I want it as the first name, dh doesn't like it so much so wants it for the middle name. It is my grandmother's name. We are having a hard time finding a name to go with it. Evelyn is looking positive right now... I've always LOVED Emily but two close friends have Emily's - it would just be too confusing!

Funny story: two of my closest friends (from two different times in my life) both named their baby girls Victoria Elizabeth!!!

My son's name is Joseph ____ Genaille-Black. I don't know why I'm naming him Joseph, I just woke up one morning with a knowing feeling. I knew his name was going to be Joseph.. even though my name is Mary, God he is going to be punished for this one!:dohh: I'll have to think of something to dodge that bullet!

Oh, and Evelynne for a girl.. Her nicknames would be Eve and Evee! I just love that name!

We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, but we chose Molly Jayne after my grandmother and me (and cause Molly Jayne has a nice ring to it), or Edward James after DH's father and my father. :D

Luckily we both like all of those names so it wasn't a hard decision at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->