Why didn't I read this yesterday before I ate this??

mamaxs4

Reaction score
I just reas that pregnant women should not eat liver, well I ate 3 chicken livers yesterday. The article says it has too much vitamen A to be safe for the baby. Well on top of that I had already had a prenantal. I know I might be worrying too much, but would frying detroy the vitamens and minerals? I head that the cooking process cooks them out? Anyone? I'm sitting here being nervous.

I wouldn't imagine just one day of eating the wrong thing will do any harm. I believe it's more a warning to not repeatedly do so because vitamin A isn't expelled from the body through the urine like other vitamins.
Vitamin A accumulates in the body, so try not to worry about one little slip up.

kittifer is right hun dont panic its only the one time u have eaten it just avoid them from now on, its more eating them on reg basis that causes a prob, maybe google for the list of things u should avoid in pregnancy that way u wont be worrying again wen u ate something that is advised not too :) xxx

The girls above are right, it happened once just move on from it and at least you know now that you can't eat it and you know about Vitamin A.

We're all learning and nobody can be 100% perfect - Try not to worry I'm sure it's all fine x x x

I believe the bigger issue is large amounts of vitamin A in pill form - or artificial vitamin A as used in some vitamins. . .not what is naturally found in foods.

That said, you should avoid organ meats like liver because they collect toxins and usually have higher concentrations of icky stuff you don't want to ingest when you are pregnant :)

I'm sure your fine though hun, don't worry! ! ! :hugs:

When I went to see my midwife for the first time she said you can eat liver in a small amount but just not all the time. So what you've had is ok.
This is my first pregnancy and I'm so hung up on what I can and can't eat it is probably causing me more stress. But all my friends I have spoke to said you do panic more during your first but when they've had more children they've been a bit more relaxed with the rules (medium steak rather than well done, the occasional runny yolk on their eggs etc) and everything has turned out fine.
I think the trick is to relax with food. Don't be risky with it but enjoy all the different flavours. I remember a few weeks back I was having a huge stress about fish and seafood and I was avoiding it like the plague, but as time has gone on it appears it is good for the baby's brain so I have the good fish and just avoid the fish with high mercury content.

i agree with everyone above. im sure if you were having that every day it would be enough to affect your vitamin A intake. but a one of wouldnt hurt i dont think x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->