Why do I feel baby kicks so down low?

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
I feel baby move a lot, proper kicks sometimes and I'm 23weeks. But everytime I feel the baby, it is so down low, around where my "lady garden" starts.

Could it be because I have an anterior placenta, or is this normal at this stage of pregnancy?

I've been meaning to ask this too as I've had the same...I have a low-lying placenta but not anterior so not sure if that makes a difference. I've felt a couple of kicks that have been higher over the last couple of days but most are still very low like yours.

That's interesting cause I was thinking the same. Just been noticing that about 98 percent of my baby movements are generally down low. I thought maybe that's just the way the baby is oriented so the feet are kicking down low. Never been told anything about the placement of my placenta and whatnot.

Its just because thats where baby is at the moment! When they turn head down in preperation for birth kicks will be higher!

Yep agree with Emx, at my 20wk scan the sonographer said the baby is standing on my bladder - my bump is quite small and I do get all the movements really low down so its all making sense now. She also said no reason to suggest the baby wouldn't move to the correct position (e.g head down) just the baby is comfy where they are now

Good to know, I was also wondering about this!

Its just because of the way baby is sitting. My baby is breech and all the kicks are low. He has been this way for weeks. He has plenty of time to flip around but since I have very low amnio fluid he might not have space to do it which might explain why hes been in the same position for weeks... so they said. But hopefully he does.. he still has alot of time :) But all of my movements are down low.

All my movements are primarily down low too. Occasionally I'll get a wallop out my side or around my belly button, but most are down low around the bikini area :)

Isn't it funny how one of us asks what might seem like something strange when you're writing it, and then it turns out we're actually pretty much all going thru the same thing!! I see it a lot on here.

I've been thinking the same thing! :rofl:
I don't remember feeling movements this low last time round. I've had anterior placenta both times, so was actually wondering if it's because this time I've got a wee boy in there.
Of course, it could just be that last time was over 4 years ago, and I just can't remember! :rofl:

All my baby's movements are down low. He just likes it down there. I've only just started getting movement near the belly button. Depends a bit on how you carry and a bit on where your baby likes to hang out.

I get them down below- on my bladder and my cervix but it feels like she is pinching me. Had my appointment today and she is actually head down! I was like so um is she BITING me or what!? :haha: my m/w said yes with her big fangs :rofl: she said it might just be her hands and elbows moving thats whats making the pinching feeling. It feels soo wierd, way different than just big kicks, which are now up higher under my ribs

your uterus is just above your belly button now and baby is prob still breech which would explain the low kicks.

My kicks were always really low down - never got much above hairline - but my baby has been breech all along and still is at 36+6 :dohh:

My kicks are quite low too and Bean is head down! I had a kick above my belly button the oter day and saw my belly move, but mostly, they're around about my belly button.

Nicola xx

Ahhh my baby was breech at my scan 2 weeks ago too, I wonder if he's still like that then!

I feel kicks really low down too and was told that I had a low lying placenta last week at my 23 week scan, so not sure if that's what's causing the low kicks?

Same here. S/he kicks on my cervix and my bladder, making me visit the bathroom more often than necessary!

Same here. S/he kicks on my cervix and my bladder, making me visit the bathroom more often than necessary!

aah how I miss those soft kicks to the bladder. Now its full on pinches!

my baby still kicks low down and im 26 weeks . but now and again she will turn around and kick abit higher above my belly button notticed it more past week but she still most of the time kicks low.

the first time she kicked and it was so low down i got worryed and phoned my sister to make sure it was ok though, as its my first baby so i didnt have a clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->