why do i feel this way

mrsirish

Reaction score
ive been so upset today.. my friend had her scan and found out she havin a little boy,

me and my husband would really love a son we have two beautiful daughters, although im happy for my friend ive been while upset all day because i know i wont get my little boy, i just have a feeling ....and i know that sounds while and i shud b grateful for any sex but i cannot help how im feeling

i just want my wee boy too,

anybody else feel like this?

Sorry no, I'm just happy to be pregnant :shrug:

I couldn't care less if this baby is a boy, girl or somewhere in between. We've lost 2 babies this year and every day that passes and this baby is alive is a blessing.

Plus, you don't know it's a girl yet.

A friend of mine has two boys and is due to deliver her 3rd boy... today?! Wow. Anyway, she was so jealous when she found out I was having a girl. That is life though. I would wait and see, because I swore this one was going to be a boy and SURPRISE!

I understand, I wanted a girl although I'm now over the moon to be having a little boy but when I initially found out I was a little bit jealous when I read "I'm having a girl" threads on here. It didn't last long though as now it's not just a baby and he has an identity and I couldn't imagine it being any other way. I'm sure if you are having a daughter you will get over your disappointment quickly, especially as you obviously know how wonderful it is to have a little girl.

like the other ladies have said you dont know you arent having a boy. I wouldnt worry just yet :)

aww i do know if this is a girl i will love her as much as my other girls its our baby and thats an unconditional love ofcourse.... mayb i shud stop stressing and wait n see

Hey,
i can understand where you are coming from, but what will be will be hun. I always wanted boys but my first was a girl and it was great, this time round i wanted a boy but knew no matter what i would love my baby girl the same. My thinking completely change when i was not able to concieve in 2yrs and after a miscarriage i knew i would be blessed to have a boy or girl! Please try not to dwell on it hun as it has already been decided, i hope you get your baby boy my fingers are crossed for you! :hugs:

Agree with Nuke, we are just happy to be pregnant after years of trying and two cycles of IVF. Count yourself lucky you don't have to pay thousands of pounds for the privalege of having a family whether it be all girls or all boys or a mixture. And as others have said, you don't know yet that you're not having a boy...

aww i know michelle see with my first two pregnancys i really did not care i was delighted but fingers crossed lol

Agree with Nuke, we are just happy to be pregnant after years of trying and two cycles of IVF. Count yourself lucky you don't have to pay thousands of pounds for the privalege of having a family whether it be all girls or all boys or a mixture. And as others have said, you don't know yet that you're not having a boy...

i think you are being unfair

I do understand and it's hard for others to understand when they have one of each or if they have 2 of the same sex, I have 3 girls and I have wanted a boy for so long and here I am 11 days from finding out if my last baby is a boy or a girl and I'm so nervous lol However it took us a really long time to conceive this baby after 1 m/c so now I'm just over the moon to be pregnant at all but a little part of me still hopes that my baby's a boy but I wont be upset if it's another girl because the way I see it I have everything I need for a girl and nothing for a boy and I at least know what to do with a girl but with a boy I'm clueless lol :) good luck hun I hope we both get the boys we want but if not I'm sure like me you will adore your child no matter what because as long as your baby is healthy u are the luckiest woman in the world :) xx

I do understand and it's hard for others to understand when they have one of each or if they have 2 of the same sex, I have 3 girls and I have wanted a boy for so long and here I am 11 days from finding out if my last baby is a boy or a girl and I'm so nervous lol However it took us a really long time to conceive this baby after 1 m/c so now I'm just over the moon to be pregnant at all but a little part of me still hopes that my baby's a boy but I wont be upset if it's another girl because the way I see it I have everything I need for a girl and nothing for a boy and I at least know what to do with a girl but with a boy I'm clueless lol :) good luck hun I hope we both get the boys we want but if not I'm sure like me you will adore your child no matter what because as long as your baby is healthy u are the luckiest woman in the world :) xx

100% agree with you, thers no harm in wanting a son jeepers som people go on like im a bad person for sayin that i hope you get your wee son this time tooooooooo xxxxxx fingers and toes crossed lol and ofcourse theres noone that loves ther kids as much as me hahaha i always say that... love my girls to bits and im grateful for them ofcouse

100% agree with you, thers no harm in wanting a son jeepers som people go on like im a bad person for sayin that i hope you get your wee son this time tooooooooo xxxxxx fingers and toes crossed lol and ofcourse theres noone that loves ther kids as much as me hahaha i always say that... love my girls to bits and im grateful for them ofcouse

I agree with you! I have had 6 losses and have never in my life made someone else feel bad for having a preference because I had lost 6 babies, it is really sad when people use tragedy as a means to make others feel like crap. Shame on you. Even though I lost babies I still had a prefernce I wasnt any less thankfull for being pregnant... dont listen to people like this hun

Your not alone, i wrote a post saying i was upset with the sex of my baby but i felt so awful i didnt post it! i spent a few days moping round the house and crying, i have my reasons which i am not gonna get into on here, ive never mentioned it and i wont, but u will over come it, after a few days i started looking at pink clothes and toys and i soon fell in love with baby again, dont listen to what people got to say on here about u should be lucky for what sex u have, cos we could say that about anything as in money, health or lifestyle, theres always someone gonna be better or worse off than u, people shouldnt speak like that! i think were only human and theres nothing wrong with the way u feel, i hope u get what u want and hopefully ill have my little boy too next time, who wouldnt want one off both!
xxxx

I agree with you! I have had 6 losses and have never in my life made someone else feel bad for having a preference because I had lost 6 babies, it is really sad when people use tragedy as a means to make others feel like crap. Shame on you. Even though I lost babies I still had a prefernce I wasnt any less thankfull for being pregnant... dont listen to people like this hun

thanks so much and im sorry for your losses and i know that it cant be easy and i wont listen to negative comments like that, its just unfair ..we all have our own situations and i wud never disrespect anyone like that

I know exactly how you feel! I'm pregnant with my first baby and my partner and I have been convinced it's a boy and even call the bump 'he' and now I'm a bit scared incase I find out that it's a girl as I'll feel awful.

I'm really excited either way but I would really love a little boy :) x

I remember when DH and I first talked about babies he wanted a boy (to play soccer with) and I wanted a girl (because theyre so cute and sensible). Then I thought about it and he did too, and suddenly he wanted a girl (because they adore their daddies) and I wanted a boy (because they will always be there for their moms), where as with the opposite sex we probably would get more in trouble once they hit puberty.
Well, and now he is getting his little princess and I am getting my beautiful and smart girl who i will be super proud of.

Is just a matter of how you think about it.

If this is referring to me (I can't tell because you didn't actually say who you were talking about), I didn't intend to make anyone feel like crap and you are totally twisting it. I was honest and I feel I said what I had to say in a manner than wasn't rude or hurtful. The OP had to know that there are women in this forum who have been TTC for years and are just grateful to be pregnant and by posting this thread she would possibly get some people riled up. The OP asked a question and I answered it!

To MrsIrish: I do hope you get a boy, of course I do! And if I hurt your feelings I apologise. :flower:

theres always a chance your baby won't tell you like what happened to me, i'm jealous everyone is finding out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->