Why do I get spotting 5 days before my period is due every month

lbm2009

Reaction score
I get spotting 5 days. Before my period is due every month is this normal?

I used to spot then went back on the pill again for a brief period(no pun intended) the spotting soon stopped

I get several days of spotting prior as well. Seems somewhat common around here, have seen several posts regarding it. Whether it's considered "normal", I don't know, but definitely common.

Thanks goodness their are others experiencing this...it has been really upsetting me for the last 4 months...bang on 5 days before my period i spot and continue to do so lightly until my actual period...i am worried this means something is not doing what it should be inside...i have read and understood where any blood comes from and the reasons i.e the lining refreshed after no ovulation has taken place, potential implantation if pregnant, and some get it when ovulating...but i can not understand where the blood comes from and why before every period...:0(

Have you checked with the doctors? I have heard something about progesterone...you might wanna ask your gyn.

Yeh i too have spotting for a few days before AF and thought it meant you are low in progesterone. Don't quote me on it though, i'm gonna have it checked by my doc. I'm taking B100 cos B6 is supposed to help by balancing your hormones.............whether it works, i guess i'll find out in a couple of weeks. GL

Yes went to doctors...burst into tears when explaining what was happening. Very embarassing since am not and overly emotional person, but i hate that dont know whats going on, she said it was normal that this should be the case after having taken the pill, but she gave me a blood test anyway. The blood test by all accounts came back normal....whatever that means!

Asides from the spotting, my periods are exactly to date every month since coming off the pill

I would love to know if there is anyone else out there who has experienced this and gone on to concieve afterwards.

I always start spotting 5 days before my period is due as well. I think it might have something to do with low progesterone levels. Going to check with doc this Thursday. Keep you posted.

I look forward to hearing what your doctor says! And welcome to BnB!

I went to see my doctor about this this afternoon. She told me that it can be normal for people to experience spotting before their period but to make sure everything is ok she is sending me for day 21 blood test to check hormone levels (this should confirm ovulation & progesterone levels). I HATE blood tests but guess it's worth it for my peace of mind.

I also have spotting days before my period as well. It's usually brown and not really that much. More of an inconvenience.

I just got my bfp last Saturday.

oooh, congrats Claudia!!! Thanks for sharing, always nice to know a BFP is possible! :)

Sometimes I spot for a few days before period as well, it is totally normal!! I have heard though that if your progesterone lvls are low that can cause the spotting...FX for you!
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->