Why do I keep on losing my mucus plug :(

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
I'm getting so worried about this. I I mentioned it to my midwife that I was losing little bits at a time and all she said was its a bit too early for that and completely dismissed me.

I'm 99% certain it's bits of my plug coming away. I'm 17 weeks and this has been happening probably for 7 weeks... I've been having my normal White discharge. But his mucus plug is green like snotty, stretchy snd thick... I have also been checked for an infection so it's nlt that

I know mucus plug can regenerate itself but seriously can it keep on regenerating for 20 plus weeks?

Anyone experienced this and all ok?

I cannot wait to reach 24 weeks. Also forgot to mention this is my second baby, I never experienced anything like this with my daughter! X

Sorry posted this in the wrong bit! But it would be nice to hear from any of you ladies that have experienced this so early on..

Hi!!

I have been told to lose pieces of it is totally normal. Ive been losing pieces off and on since like... forever now. Don't worry about it. I don't know why you midwife would tell you its to early for that, as its actual normal to lose little bits throughout pregnancy. Unless you are losing HUGE chunks, please don't worry.

Your plug does regenerate as it needs too, however if there is blood in it or a very big chunk, id call someone just to be safe.

Just as a reassurance - last week (26 weeks) I had bad cramping, lack of movement and I started spotting. Sobbing, I ran to the L&D and was monitored and everything was 100% fine. Things are still fine. Sometimes those things that look real bad actually aren't. :hugs:

Can you ask for a swab test?

I lost a bit last week and another little bit yesterday. It was clear jelly mucus.

I hope you find answers soon :flower:

Thanks for the replies, I've had a swab test and no infection thankfully.

They're only small little bits, the biggest bit I had was probably half the size of a penny but still freaked me out. I just wish it would stop even if it is normal! Xx

I have been losing bits and pieces of mine since early second trimester. I did the same thing with my first pregnancy. No need to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->