Why do people buy jars?

My baby eats organic baby food from jars or pouches. He also eats what we're eating IF it's organic. Would it be cheaper to make everything myself? Sure, but he wouldn't get the variety & I'm not the most talented person in the kitchen, nor do I enjoy cooking. We can afford it, so I don't really mind the expense.

Convenience and to make sure she gets a suitable meal when me and oh eat junk or eat stuff she can't have or doesn't like.

Come on people...back off now before it REALLY gets turned into something that is incredibly stupid to fight about!

that was the jist of my comment...it's like hmmm what shall we fight about today??? Oh Jar baby food!

I think people need to get a grip and lighten up. I didn't take offence to the OP's post but some of the subsequent attitudes that have come out are a different story..

I have to agree with this now that I am getting caught back up with the past few pages. This started off not so bad, then turned into another attack when it was meant to be more of a discussion. I can see how OP would be curious, as she is obviously in a much different situation than many who choose to use jars. The reality of it is, a SAHM has much more time to devote to cooking and making things for their children. usually budgets with a SAHM dictate that they need to do this as well. So I can see how she would question how anyone could afford jarred food. As a working mom, I don't even like to cook for DH, DS1 and myself. Let alone the baby. I hate cooking, and it just cuts into family time. I do find it expensive to buy jarred foods/pouches, but to me its worth it for the extra time it gets me with my kids. Its not a huge expense, though. Just moreso than making it myself.

I don't find her post offensive. Honestly, I think making food for your baby is wonderful and I wish I had more time in my day to make some of it. But again, I don't think there is anything wrong with jarred foods. Obviously there are many opinions on what foods people prefer to feed their babies, but as logn as baby is fed, I think that's what is important.

Come on people...back off now before it REALLY gets turned into something that is incredibly stupid to fight about!

that was the jist of my comment...it's like hmmm what shall we fight about today??? Oh Jar baby food!

I think people need to get a grip and lighten up. I didn't take offence to the OP's post but some of the subsequent attitudes that have come out are a different story..

I have to agree with this now that I am getting caught back up with the past few pages. This started off not so bad, then turned into another attack when it was meant to be more of a discussion. I can see how OP would be curious, as she is obviously in a much different situation than many who choose to use jars. The reality of it is, a SAHM has much more time to devote to cooking and making things for their children. usually budgets with a SAHM dictate that they need to do this as well. So I can see how she would question how anyone could afford jarred food. As a working mom, I don't even like to cook for DH, DS1 and myself. Let alone the baby. I hate cooking, and it just cuts into family time. I do find it expensive to buy jarred foods/pouches, but to me its worth it for the extra time it gets me with my kids. Its not a huge expense, though. Just moreso than making it myself.

I don't find her post offensive. Honestly, I think making food for your baby is wonderful and I wish I had more time in my day to make some of it. But again, I don't think there is anything wrong with jarred foods. Obviously there are many opinions on what foods people prefer to feed their babies, but as logn as baby is fed, I think that's what is important.

Sorry I should bite my tongue, but I wasn't a stay at home mum with my first lol. But still it's opened my eyes to other people's reasons x

Obviously there are many opinions on what foods people prefer to feed their babies, but as logn as baby is fed, I think that's what is important.

So it's okay to feed a 3 month old a burger and fries? :winkwink:

I am a SAHM but....also take care of my 1 year old niece all week, I tried making my own baby food and just didn't have the time/energy needed, plus she got so bored of them....I buy jars/organic pouches and she also eats what we're eating when it's suitable.

I've been suffering from prolonged anxiety/depression and rarely even want to eat so I can'tg really share with her....Id' rather her have an organic cereal pouch than trying to cook big meals that I don't even want to eat.

it is expensive though. but so are diapers, formula, etc. I just consider it part of the cost of having a baby.

I wasn't meaning that ONLY SAHM make food for their kids since they have more time for it, I meant that often SAHM make their own due to budgets and having the time to do so. Obviously many working moms do too, there are many who have commented saying that. I did with my first. I guess I assumed your reason for being curious why people chose jars was related to being a SAHM, but I guess anyone who has never done jars would be curious as to why someone else would choose to. Same as with anything else, really. We all tend to be curious why people do things differently than we do.

plus a milkshake too, need the full experience.

To be fair and you can flame away, my LO had a taste of In & Out burger last week.....she loved it.

*Raising hand to accept bad mother award*

I think we can all agree that every mom and situation and baby is different, whether you make your own food or use jars/pouches. What matters most is that your lo is getting the essential nutrients and vitamins from their food and that they are healthy and thriving.

Obviously there are many opinions on what foods people prefer to feed their babies, but as logn as baby is fed, I think that's what is important.

So long as there is also ketchup.

Yes, it's important that they get at least one of their 5 a day.

Sweet, so I'll finish her off with an apple pie, then. That's two!

With whipped cream for added dairy! The perfect balanced meal!

I do both. I make sweet potato and carrot and sometimes buy Ella's kitchen punches ( they are v cheap just now as asda ) I would rather make it all from scratch but sometimes it's the time. I've made some potato for him tonight tho. He's not big enough yet to get what we have x

So long as there is also ketchup.

Yes, it's important that they get at least one of their 5 a day.

Sweet, so I'll finish her off with an apple pie, then. That's two!

Pizza for tea, that's three! Then ill use my mcdonalds freebie voucher (saved up from all my drinks as I go that often) and get him a coffee to try stop him having a nap before bed. Maybe then he will sttn.

With whipped cream for added dairy! The perfect balanced meal!

I squirt some out of the can onto her tray everyday. She likes it. So shoot me :shrug: Hey, it's organic. Makes it alllllll okay, right? :haha:

Joking, joking.... NOT THAT IT IS ANYONE'S BUSINESS WHAT I FEED MY BABY DAMMIT

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"