Why do some people spot throughout their pregnancy?

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
Just wondering why exactly do some women spot throughout their pregnancy?

When I google it online all it points towards is 'implantation, cyst, miscarriage & ectopic'...but what if it's past implantation & your scan has ruled out the other 3 ??

I had a little bit of spotting on 5th July & again one tiny little spot last night again. I went to the EPU on 7th for a scan & all looked ok. Doc didn't really know why I'd been spotting.

I've spotted all the way through all of my pregnancies and never had an explanation as to why even after having it investigated multiple times, my consultant said its just one of those things that can happen. Doesn't make it any less terrifying though. I still spot now and im 22 weeks :/

I've no idea. I had a scan today for pain and spotting and sonographer couldn't see anywhere the blood could have come from xx

I had placenta previa and spotted on and off until I was 4 1/2 months

It can be put down to a lot of things that we aren't told. There is so much extra blood flow to your uterus and the cervix is the gate, so it's understandable that it also fills with blood. Hence why a pregnant cervix will look blue.
Little things such as dehydration, over exertion, bowel movements, sex, cervical erosion etc can all cause spotting.
As long as the doctors aren't concerned and it stays as spotting and isn't for long periods of time/ getting heavier, generally is just pregnancy related xx

Low Progesterone levels can also cause spotting. Thats what my doctor said during a previous miscarriage. Also I had mild spotting earlier in this pregnancy but my levels came back ok. My doc still has me taking suppositories until 12 weeks because the levels fluctuate and she reckons I need it. Of course the spotting stopped a few days after I started on Prometrium.

I got my positive on 3 rd week of pregnancy then had brown /red/grey spotting in 4th week and then on 5 th week it was dark red/brown....but only it stay for 12 h and then gone ...my pregnency test is still strong positive and Dr think nothing about spotting. ...

I had some spotting around 7 weeks and it continued into 9 weeks. I'm now 12 weeks. They never gave me any explanation aside from possible "irritable cervix". My spotting would happen after sex or physical activity. With my first pregnancy, my spotting was a sign of miscarriage. I lost the baby at 7w5d. So with this pregnancy I was a hot mess when I started to spot. But, everything is going great with my lil nugget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->