Why do we see the doctor's after 12 week scan?

Ziggy2

Reaction score
My midwife has told me I need to book an appointment with the doctor after the 12 week scan. I had my scan last week, and have managed to get an appointment with the doctor today, but i'm not really sure why? and what I am supposed to say? Anyone had their 12 week doctors appointment and give me a few pointers?

Thanks

I saw the midwife a week ago and she told me that as soon as I have had my scan and therefore dates confirmed, I need to book an appointment with her for when I am 16 weeks. So I guess each place is different xx

At my booking in appt - my midwife gave me the date for my 16 week appointment. I haven't seen my doctor at all since I first fell pregnant, so I am sorry that I can't be of more help...I've no idea what she needs you to do at the docs?? Unless it is there they do some of the blood tests etc??

Erm no idea about the 12 week scan, but i've got my doctors appointment tomorrow after my dating scan (at 9/10 weeks)..
i asked why, and they said it's routine, they need to check up and have a check on the bubs and stuff, make sure i don't need bloods, and they do some things midwifes don't know (especially as they have access to your medical history)...
dunno if that helps, might be completely different for you.. but hopefully it might help a bit
xxxxx

I don't have another MW appointment until 25 weeks.

did mw take bloods at all? maybe for that if she didn't

hi

yeah my midwife took bloods, maybe it's for the results? Oh well i'll just go and take my notes with me, haven't been to see my doctor at all yet,so maybe it's just to touch base! I will update when i get back.

Yes my mw arranged to visit me the week after my scan. She said she'd bring my blood results. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->