Why does everyone want to take my baby!?

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
I'm so sick of family asking me when they can take LO for a few hours/ overnight! I'm not well today and I usually go to my nanas every Sunday for roast dinner, since I'm too ill to go my aunt and sister came to mine before they went to see Lyra for a couple of hours since this is usually the only time they get to see her. But once they got here they were ganging up on me asking why they couldn't take her with them! Then I got called 'tight' for not letting them! My dad and step mum are always hinting they want her to stay overnight, and bought a buggy for their house... Why does no one understand that I don't want 'a break' from my baby? I love her and she is my first, I'm not ready for her to go places without me yet but I feel pressured into letting other people have her for a while :cry:

In laws bought practically a nursery for LO. Which was foolish and a waste of money, i'll never let them take her overnight. i hate how anyone can assume to be honest, i didnt go having a child to entertain them.

And your breastfeeding so perfect excuse :p

ick. too bad for them. your baby, your rules. thats all I have to say about that.

They know I've been expressing too, which is why they have all suddenly decided I should let others look after her. Wish I hadn't told any of them now :dohh: xx

yeah i'm the same i dont wanna share why should i? i wanna make the most of these baby days as there over sooooooooo fast in a blink of an eye :( mind you no one really offers but not keen on leaving her even if to pop to shop lol I'M ALL SHE WANTS LOLOL ;) x and yeah she's alllllllllllllllllllllllllll mine ;)

It doesnt end!
My SIL is baby mad, got 2 children of her own who I regard as out of control. She always wants to 'have' LO for a day and then called round recently to ask if she could have him overnight! I think not.
Im sure its part of peoples excitement to take care of the new baby in the family. The thing is you dont have to make excuses as its your baby.

My mum wants LO to stay overnight, even bought a new thicker mattress for the travel cot she has. I basically turned round and said no, and she called me a spoil sport and that i would soon be grateful for a night off from LO, hmmm i don't think so, i would spend the whole night worrying!

My mil lives 3.5 hours drive away but comes to visit once a month to see Clara and right from the beginning wanted us to go out to dinner so she could babysit. She knew that I expressed for times when I'd go out and leave the baby home with Daddy and said to me that if I can let Daddy babysit, why can't she? You shoulda seen the look on her face when I pointed out it isn't babysitting when it's Daddy watching her!!!

I always say to people if you want a baby that much have ur own!! Or I say I didn't have a baby to palm her off to people x

the "break thing" drives me insane - if we wanted them to TAKE our children we'd ask, i hate it!!!! lol but grrrrr its like why cant they just wait to be asked we obv arnt ready IT ANNOYS the hell outta me, i allowed MIL to come round here the otehr day whilst i took rabbit to vets to watch him for an hour got back, he'd not been napped like i asked, which annoyed me and instead of letting him play in his bouncer or try to crawl etc she just sat with him on her knee holding toys.... really annoying LOL xx

Blimey, your LO is only a few weeks old - I don't really understand why they would think for a second that you would want them to have her. I would just say thanks for the offer and you will let them know when you're ready.

I can kind of understand what u mean.

Every new thing I want to buy Lo my mil and fil already have. A lot of people gave them stuff but I don't understand why they kept it, unless they thought they were gettin Lo overnight? Don't get me wrong my in-law are lovely! My mum bought loads of things for her spare room as well, like cot etc. I don't like talking bad of them tho as I think they were just excited.

I hate the phrase for me to get a break tho! I bf but have also expressed. It seems this let's people think they cam take her. I want her to be with her family and I do allow them to have her but it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it!

Xxx

I don't understand people either. I personally don't want/need a break from my own baby. I won't be giving LO to anyone to look after until she's a bit older.

One of the reasons i breastfeed ... nobody can take him, and they always HAVE to give him back!

The simple answer to this, is just to tell them you are not ready yet and LO is breastfed!

my mil bought a pram before lo was born. She's just recently sold it at a car boot. Enough said x

I think part of it is I'm scared they will do something that I wouldn't like them to! As bad as it sounds I don't trust them with her. They have said I should be weaning at 3 months (with rusks!) they don't think I should be breastfeeding for the recomeneded minimum year, and generally don't respect my parenting choices :nope: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->