Why does he whinge so much?!

divadexie

Reaction score
AAnd HOW do I stop it, its driving me mad!!!

My son (5) was a very good quiet baby. Never cried unless he was hungry, didnt whinge and scream in shops etc, only when he was tired and dummy stopped that.

But now (for quite some time) he whinges, screams, cries or looks about to cry at the slightest thing!!

Like being told no.

Or having a wee bump (the type that most kids will jump up and run off after).

I have never spoiled him, he has always known what the word no was, he was never allowed to do what he wanted all the time.

He always got hugs etc for bumping himself when he was wee.

Oh.. if he is with my wee brother (7) and he falls, he just gets on with it- as long as he thinks no one saw him. If he knows someone is watching he plays on it big time and I just reassure him like ''oh your fine on you go''

I was brought up about things like this reminds me of 'the boy who cries wolf' and I always knew that crying over tiny things all the time no one would know if it was serious. But he just doenst get that.

He is always falling over at school yet the school nurse say he never cries!

Hello there,

Well personally I think its an age thing. I have a 5yr old nephew and my bf's son is also 5 and they behave the same way. Like yours they were pretty good babies too.

My bf's son is soooooo sensitive. If you ask him to go and do his teeth, have his dinner, go toilet or whatever he moans, cry, tantrums etc etc etc. not everyday though, Well apart from doing his teeth which he hates!! hehe

It could be he wants more attention from you seeing that he doesnt cry at school which by the way its very similar to my daughter. Shes 7 and very sensitive too. When she falls over in the house or I say no for whatever reason she cries but at school that never happens.

Although I think she is slowly growing out of it as she crying a lot less than she used to so my guess is that as he grows older he will hopefully get better.

Dont lose yout hopes just yet :)

xxx

I had a talk to him this morning when he was taking ages to get dressed so I made his breakfast for him. He started to cry.

I had got a but fed up tbh cos Iv been up all night coughing, not being able to breath from my blocked nose and sore chest, and then he was having one of those days where he just cant do as hes asked and messes around.

I told him I was fed up of his whinging and if he was going to cry it better be because he is really hurt!

I doubt he will remember though. I will just have to keep reminding him. But seriously, he cries more than the baby does!

Oh dear,

This is exactly how my bf's son behaves sometimes. I remember one day whatever his dad asked him to do something it was a massive NO followed by tamtrum!!!

It was actually doing my head in but I kept quiet as he is not my son and my bf likes to do the discipline (thank god) well we dont live together and he doesnt live with his son either so maybe he plays up a lot cause he wants his daddy attention. But Ive seen them together many times and he gives him plenty of it. So I dont know.

Its hard to give advice on this one. Oh and they never understand that when you are ill they should be easy on you (they kids after all). Ive have a bad throat infection and been poorly for a few days but my kids just dont listen they still give me headache.:wacko: :haha: Nah they good really.:blush:

Like I said im pretty sure its an age thing, Maybe he wants more cuddles :hugs:

xxx

hi my 6 yr old son is the same he crys over everything and anything he acts like a 2-3 yr old worse than my twins who are 4 and they never cry or winge there 5 next week hes also had alot of problems with behaviour etc hes very clever alot higher in his maths english etc he is 6 but with the 10 year olds the school and i have contacted the school nurse and there going to be assessing him for adhd which there sure hes got

My 7 year old has been a whiner since he was 3. I do believe it's a boy thing and an age thing. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->