Why does this happen?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Willow01, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Willow01

Willow01 Well-Known Member

My 9 week old boy for the past week is sick a lot from around 4pm onwards. I initially thought he was feeding too much during the day but I have watched closely the amount of food he has had today and I don't think he has been eating too much (I prepare a 6oz bottle demand feed but he often doesn't finish it in the 2 hours it's safe to eat). This is a stupid question but is it normal for babies to be 'sicky' towards the end of the day or is this something I should be visiting the doctor about?x

2. Willow01

Willow01 Well-Known Member

Any advice from experienced mums?

3. pebbie1

pebbie1 Mum to Marielle & Markus

I don't know about the being sick as my kids never had that. I do know that any air in the tummy builds up over the day and is worse from later on in the day which can cause cramps etc. I'm not sure if that can make the baby sick as well though. Have you had him weighed recently and is he gaining weight ok? I'd just call the gp or health visitor in the morning, just to double check all is ok :)
    X

4. schnoogles

schnoogles Well-Known Member

Colic usually occurs in the early evening. My little guy used to suffer from it from about 5-6:30 ish every day, he was a very sicky baby. Does your little one show distress, or I'd he just sick?