Why don't doctors listen?

SilasLove

Mom of 4
Reaction score
For 2 1/2 months I have been trying to get my children's doctor to understand my concern and help me help them. And I always get dismissed with "it has to run its course when they are this young". :growlmad:

Today we went back to the doctor and FINALLY got some help. My children both have to have 4 breathing treatments a day, they are both on a low dose steriod and my daughter has to have antibiotics as well because her infection was moving in to her chest! If the doctor has listened to me even just 2 weeks ago and considered what I was saying and not just dismiss my concerns then perhaps this could have turned out a bit better and my kids would not have had to be miserable in the meantime. :nope:

I just wish doctors would listen to us parents more. After all, who knows these children better than their mothers? :shrug:

I know how you feel, it took me a month to get the doctor to see my ears had perforated! I t started with an ear infection, no antibiotics and now guess what? ENT for me :( Im sure all this somehow could of been avoided if they would of gave me the medicine in the first place, my daughter had terrible wind and still to this day has bouts of and now she is 1, I went to the doctors 4 times before they would do anything, u gotta demand to do things, honestly doctors dont care u see it all the time in the paper, people misdiagnosed and dying cos of one simple procedure of not giving them medicine or something, this country annoys the hell out of me for it - I thought USA would be better, Im in Scotland! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->