"Why don't you adopt?"

Rivetkitten- I know. I look at my siblings and my heart just wants to burst with love and this tiny bit of terror that overcomes me when I imagine where they would be right now if it hadn't been for my parents. They belong in our family... I really do believe that our family was waiting for them; that we were incomplete without them.

Stash777- We're looking into foster care as well, but have decided that we will adopt first, and then move into fostering (and if we can foster-adopt, that will be great, but I am not getting my hopes up). I hope you get that chance to be pregnant... best wishes!

That's how DH's cousin went through it - they fostered first and then adopted their little girl. That's what spurred me to think about the whole foster to adopt.

I always thought the same as op. I would love to adopt to hive a child a chance. I just never thought it might be our only way of having a family! Silly as it sounds maybe I knew subconsciously and that's why I have always been so open to it?! X

My husband and I are certainly open to adoption. We would have already done it had it not been so complicated. It is just such a long, complicated and expensive journey. At the same time we still struggle in fertility treament and it is not looking that bad for us at the moment...
We live in Austria where hardly anything pertaining to adoption works well. A few countries from Africa as well as the States used to be good possibilities but the African countries have been closed and the beautiful babies from the USA... wow that option has become so expensive and complicated that it really seems far out even to dream about it. If anybody has loads of money please feel free to support my adoption dream;)
Amber (Who will start adoption process THIS YEAR if nothing biological happens soon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->