"Why don't you guys have kids yet?"

jenwantsababy

Reaction score
my husband and i get this rude question all of the time (we've been TTC for 16 months, together for 14 years and married for 6). i just say -

"well, we've only been together 14 years. we haven't had sex yet. we're saving ourselves for the baby." :haha:

Lol good answer.

Id just say, 'not everyone can have children', that would shut them up and its not saying u cant have children, its just a true statement
Xxx

my husband and i get this rude question all of the time (we've been TTC for 16 months, together for 14 years and married for 6). i just say -

"well, we've only been together 14 years. we haven't had sex yet. we're saving ourselves for the baby." :haha:
Bwahahahahahaha! Excellent answer! :rofl: .

People seriously do not think when they're going on and on about things they have no idea about :rolleyes: .

This question is the bane of my existence.I was ranting about it to my hubby just last night.

People who know me don't ask since they think I don't like kids, I never told them I changed my mind. For others I tell them I am a vegitaran, the puzzled look is great

Lol! Some great replies to that awful question! I'm going to have to steal some of those :). I get asked that question all the time. Not my DH, nope he never gets asked, just me. It really bugs me and upsets me.

I've been asked this more often since we got married which is exactly a year ago. The fact that AF is here on our anniversary and I'm crying because I'd planned on giving my DH a BFP and a book on being a dad makes this question even harder to bear :cry:

People who know me don't ask since they think I don't like kids, I never told them I changed my mind. For others I tell them I am a vegitaran, the puzzled look is great
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Awesome!

Lol! Some great replies to that awful question! I'm going to have to steal some of those :). I get asked that question all the time. Not my DH, nope he never gets asked, just me. It really bugs me and upsets me.

I've been asked this more often since we got married which is exactly a year ago. The fact that AF is here on our anniversary and I'm crying because I'd planned on giving my DH a BFP and a book on being a dad makes this question even harder to bear :cry:
:hugs: :hugs2: :hugs:

We used to get asked this a lot when we first got married....then it died down a lot...til my gorgeous nephew was born and the focus was back on us again. After 5yrs married it gets difficult to know what to say...most close friends and immediate family know we're having issues now though, which is good that they know not to ask but bad cause everytime I turn down a drink I think they're secretly hoping its cause we're pregnant. :(

I've always just told em the truth. "Until we decide that is something we want we are going to avoid seeing if we can make it happen." Then some weirdo will actually say "its not up to you if it happens" and then I have to explain that we are doing everything but a raindance to prevent it.

It wasnt until a year or so ago we had a change of heart, so no one really knows that we want a baby. :)

Gosh. Hate this question! It's seriously a dagger in my heart when I hear it. Never know how to answer.

BUT the absolute worse was a comment by two different friends on two different occasions. The first is a friend from college upon hearing our other good friend was preggars, called me up in a panic "you better NOT be pregnant, I can't handle that right now." (She's single and bitter). That hurt so much though; at that point we'd been seriously trying for months and I just got my PCOS dx. Thanks, friend, for wishing I stay in this painful stage forever. It's not like I'm sitting around wishing pain on her.

The other happened from my husband's friend over the weekend (again, single), when she came over for dinner and in a panic started grilling us on our intention to have kids, stating she "couldn't picture it," and "it will be so weird" when we have kids. Seriously? STFU.

We had this question constantly as it took us 28 months to conceive out DD. We kept on saying 'Maybe in the next few years' to buy us more time!
Now it's 'So when you having more?' Geezo give me a bloody break lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->