Why have i suddenly developed acne ...worried about PCOS

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if anybody has any advice. Over the past two months ive suddenly developed acne again (i used to have it when i was a teenager and used to take Dianette). I got pregnant with my first baby and my acne was soo bad but then with Charlie it cleared up and my skin was lovely until now! I keep getting horrible, hard, painful lumps on my face especially the chin and jaw and they are leaving red scars. I work for a doctor and he suggested antibiotics for 6 months but im not doing that.

Ive also noticed that my last cycle was 34 days and im on day 32 today and no period yet (ive always usually got my period on about day 28-31.

worried im getting PCOS (after consulting the dreaded google)!!! .... can you just develop this or would i have had symptoms in the past?

First, stop googling! Sorry- had to be said though ;)

Second- I know nothing of PCOS, but I do know that our bodies are not always reliable.

It could be so many reasons/factors... but, if your worried- it can't hurt to be checked out hun. By your OB or even a dermatologist to begin with?

I'm not sure how old you are but I was told that acne can flare up (again) when you reach your late 20's to early 30's, apparently it's a time when your hormones shift a bit.

I never had acne in my life until I suddenly developed it at 38! I've just turned 40 and am now on my 2nd stint of antibiotics for it. Mine started when I accidentally fell pregnant again just 6 months after having DD. My skin was fantastic when pregnant with DD and after having her. I lost the pregnancy but my skin didn't improve so I went on antibiotics for 12 weeks. They did work but it gradually recurred so I'm now over halfway through another 12 week course. My skin is ruined for good I reckon. It's depressing.

You can develop PCOS if you have a poor diet but it can also run in families; I've never, ever had regular cycles ever since I started my periods at 13. I wouldn't worry about a 34 day cycle though, mine (when not on the Pill) are anywhere from 50-100+ days long!

It sounds like it could be acne rosacea (which I also have!) I have an antibiotic gel which has helped to a certain extent, so perhaps your doctor could try you on that first. Otherwise unfortunately the only treatment is a long course of antibiotics. You should keep out of the sun and clean your face really well each day. I can now just about cover mine with make up but it's taken a while for it to improve. Again, a better diet will help (somewhere I am falling down on at the moment :blush:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->