why I had to tell my in laws...

solpalmieri

Reaction score
So tonight we went for dinner to my inlaws and as soon as we were done I was in the toilet vomiting! Sorry!!

So my MIL got uposet becuase she tought she poisoned me... so I had to tell them! I didnt want to... I only told my mum and my step dad... but now Im praying nothing happens, I dont want to jinx it.... Im 9 weeks 2 days today..

So tonight we went for dinner to my inlaws and as soon as we were done I was in the toilet vomiting! Sorry!!

So my MIL got uposet becuase she tought she poisoned me... so I had to tell them! I didnt want to... I only told my mum and my step dad... but now Im praying nothing happens, I dont want to jinx it.... Im 9 weeks 2 days today..

Does Telling In-Laws jinx it? Never heard of that

We told our work colleagues too I wouldn't get too worried about "jinxing" it-it's more a case of keeping the news to a minimum "just in case" but I think your hubby will benefit from them knowing!

My OH's family knew before mine did lol x and im 10+4 :)

as someone who had had a miscarriage i do NOT beleive in jinxing your pregnancy.

It is sensible not to buy thousands of pounds worth of equiptment and decorate your nursery when your 4 weeks pregnant, as for telling people, its a personal choice.

We have usually told people gradually up until my second trimester, and i was more selective who i told this time as i have experinced the negative side of the horrible things people say if you do miscarry. But telling people has no effect on if you have a healthy pregnancy or not.

My in-laws knew before my parents, we told them at around 6 weeks. We had to tell our 3 children that week as youngest (6 yr old) dived on me so we had to tell him he had to be more careful.... This meant that the children could easily have said something infront of our families so we had to tell them.... We needan't have worried as our children kept the secret very well until we said they could tell (after a 9 week scan)

The only problem I encountered was my brother who kicked off because he was last to know.... he wasn't at all but thats just how my brother is... an idiot :rofl:

I don't believe in jinxing it by telling anyone early, everyone have known from a few weeks wit my 3 children and again this one. If I had jinxed my pregnancies my 3 wouldn't be here today :) Don't worry yourself about it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->