why is 2nd af taking so long???

w8ing4bean

Reaction score
Hiya girls, not posted in a while been busy house hunting!

i had my d&c on 25th jan, and first af came end of march. im still waiting for my 2nd one!!! :shrug:

tested a week or so ago and got a bfn. does this mean i am deffo out this month? or should i test again?

any words of wisdom are appreciated :)

xxx

Hi Bean,

I asked a similar question about my 2nd af, which has been just spotting yesterday, and was told by the all knowing oracle (aka heart tree) to see my dr if it didnt start properly within 3 days, as you have had a total no show, i would see your dr based on what hearty said.

so you waited 2 months for the 1st af, and have waiting nearly 2 months for the 2nd, how many days was your cycle before mc?

did you have any opk results in this cycle? any idea when you ovd?

i would test hpt once a week in the meantime, just to make sure

W8ing, I went through the same ordeal. It actully took a week longer to get my 2nd af than my 1st.

OK, just re-read that... that is a long time to be waiting! You may want to call the doctor.

so you waited 2 months for the 1st af, and have waiting nearly 2 months for the 2nd, how many days was your cycle before mc?

did you have any opk results in this cycle? any idea when you ovd?

i would test hpt once a week in the meantime, just to make sure

I've never used opks before, but ive decided i deffo will next cycle as my plan of dtd lots doesnt appear to be working!!

think a trip to the docs is definitely in order. my cycles were irregular before my mc, my last cycle was 42 days. i cant remember before that as its too long ago.

When I went to the consultant she talked about irregular periods etc as I was there about pcos which often goes hand in hand with ip's - anyway she mentioned that if you go 60 days without a period it is highly likely that there was no ov and the af only comes as the lining keeps thickening and eventually has to shed. I think it would be worth speaking to your gp....

hx

thank u hb :)

dya know what doc is likely to say/do?? whats the "cure" for lack of ovulation?

xx

thank u hb :)

dya know what doc is likely to say/do?? whats the "cure" for lack of ovulation?

xx

I think it's clomid normally :shrug: They normally start you off on 50mg and check to see if it's made you ov, if not they can go up to 100mg

they also use femara - same as clomid but it's meant to ge gentler on your body.

Hopefully it'll just be a couple of bonkers cycles, on the other hand maybe you need a kick start - they may want to do ultrasound to check out whether you're ovaries are trying to produce the follicles that release the egg or nay - if it were me I would push for gynae only due to being in the right hands and more expert help.

hx

thanks hun. yeah hoepfully its just my body still settling down..but i will definitely get it checked out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->