why is a vaginal birth better?

Why would you split?

I have a condition caleld Lichen Sclerosis https://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069081/
My V is very sensitive.
I had an op nearly 3 years ago as my V was too small for sex...only a tampon could get anywhere in there ..:cry:
Now things are normal - least I conceived a baby - but the skin is still very delicate. And my op was at the 6 o'clcok position - that muscle there is half the size it was before the op so I think I'd not split there but at the top.My skin doesnt seem to have much elasticity. I guess it's like an old rubber band which cracks instead of stretching...sorry if tmi!!!

Not taking the risks of c section into consideration. Why is it better for baby to be pushed out?

There doesnt seem to be any difinate evidence.

I'm due to split a lot because of a medical condition. It's a definate. I'm wondering if it's worth all the fuss when a baby can be taken out so quickly and easily with a C. I mean, I dont mind the recovery...But I dont want to be left with 100s of stiches down below...I've already had one op down there and look likea dogs bum...

I've been going around and around in my mind and shed a few tears and cant make up my mind.
And if I take the eay way for mummy does that make me a bad person?...oh cripes, sucha decision. Doctor doesnt understand - he just says - ahhwe'll see...

ive had both i personally wouldn't have another for 1 u can get an infection
for 2 u cant do nothing for 6 weeks apparently ur not allowed to lift nothing not even ur baby 3 it can hurt some ppl really bad mine was ok i discharged my self after 2 days as hospital dirty and babies kept waking my twins up hate hospitals 4 u stay in a week yet a vag birth u can go home after a few hours pain only with stitches u can do normal day to day things
hope this helps :):hugs:

ive had both i personally wouldn't have another for 1 u can get an infection
for 2 u cant do nothing for 6 weeks apparently ur not allowed to lift nothing not even ur baby 3 it can hurt some ppl really bad mine was ok i discharged my self after 2 days as hospital dirty and babies kept waking my twins up hate hospitals 4 u stay in a week yet a vag birth u can go home after a few hours pain only with stitches u can do normal day to day things
hope this helps :):hugs:

i've known people to be walking and picking their baby up within a day.- every experience is different i guess.I'd get a private hospital room with buba if I go for a c section so I can avoid some noise!!
Where I'll be giving birth (Switzerland) they make us stay in for a good few days even if we have a vaginal birth.
thanks for your point of view tho. it's good to prepare myself for the worst!! :)

i've known people to be walking and picking their baby up within a day.- every experience is different i guess.I'd get a private hospital room with buba if I go for a c section so I can avoid some noise!!
Where I'll be giving birth (Switzerland) they make us stay in for a good few days even if we have a vaginal birth.
thanks for your point of view tho. it's good to prepare myself for the worst!! :)

i didnt say i done those thinks i said thats what they tell u not to do after except walking out lol i done that lol i had my twins then so had to lift them and walk u get 1 long stitch not little ones

I dont think that makes you a bad person for wanting that. I think youve mentioned your medical condition elsewhere, and I definately wouldn't want that happening to me.

Apparently I could have a csection because of SPD, but the reason I dont want one is basically because my OH can only get 2 weeks paternity leave from work, and for the rest of the recovery period Id be completely on my own, and I dont know how well Id be able to look after a baby like that.

xxx

I dont think that makes you a bad person for wanting that. I think youve mentioned your medical condition elsewhere, and I definately wouldn't want that happening to me.

Apparently I could have a csection because of SPD, but the reason I dont want one is basically because my OH can only get 2 weeks paternity leave from work, and for the rest of the recovery period Id be completely on my own, and I dont know how well Id be able to look after a baby like that.

xxx

well if you do need one, my friend recently had a c section and has been fine. Daddy was back to work after a week and she's managed no worries. I'm sure there are surgical techniques to help reduce the recovery period.

Operations have come a long ways. C sections are not thought to be as dangerous as before. Some people heal better then others, that is just life.

Many people have perfectly healthy babies from c-sections.

Im not sure why there is so much concern about it... If the doctor tells me that I will tear etc when I guve birth, I would be opting for a c section too. A scar across your belly is better then messing too much with the stuff downstaires. It can be a lengthy enough recover for the vagina without being torn up badly.

There are risk of infection with either option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->