WHY is cloth diaper buying soooo addictive?

adzuki

Mom to Miss M.
Reaction score
I can spend HOURS online looking at them and shopping - and judging from the posts here, so do others.

Why is this? Are we obsessed with our LO's heiny's and what comes out of them, or ?????

:)
A

I don't know hun, but I'm the same! I kind of wonder if it's got to do with when we decide to do cloth, a person necessarily has to do a bit of research on it, then, there are so many different kinds to try out so we feel inclined to give as many as we can a go! Plus, what woman doesn't like shopping for their kids, and this is such a justifiable way to spend money. Well, within reason anyways. Hey, I see you're in Vancouver... have you checked out dapadiapers (online store). She sells factory seconds from Chilliwack. Good deals to be had :)

I know - I just found them - and I have totally a full stock at the moment - OH would kill me if I bought more! :( When my LO grows out of her fuzzibunz, I will definitely restock from Dapa :)

I know, Imi has more than enough now but I have 3 more I am desperate to buy :(

I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I certainly could be if I gave myself free rein (or even a freer rein) to buy whatever I felt like... but I am using cloth to save money on disposables so am keeping a fairly close track on how much I've spent vs the theoretical tally if I'd been using disposables. The way I handle it is by simply not going to nappy sites when I don't need something. But I've started planning, as Adam is mainly in size 1 cloth and will need bigger in a few months and to get pre-loved I need to start early! Also in my favour I think is that I am not a fan of fancy/patterned nappies or covers. If I had a daughter, things may have been different but Adam never shows his pants so I don't see the point!

But I do get nappy envy a LOT. It's weird. What we have is working for us so why I want to try other things is beyond me. I'd understand if our system WASN'T working but... :rofl: Grass is always greener syndrome, I guess.

The sites should come with warnings before you log on..."Warning, gorgeous cloth alert. Do not enter if skint/your stash is full/you are on a cloth ban/it isn't payday yet/your SMP is running out very soon"

When you look at the face of it, it's such a silly thing to get excited about....essentially a poo holder :rofl:

i know, i find them really addictive as well - they're a no brainers - essential baby wear that the mums can get some 'Buzz' from as well.

granted they are posh toilet facilities for babies but at the same time we're recycling, reselling, and avoiding making the landfill issue worse and not throwing money away!

with sposies you spend a fortune for it to end up in the bin and contribute to a massive landfill issue that our children and children's children will inherit.

So why not enjoy them!

Lol, a poo holder. :lol:

Yeah I haven't bought a nappy for about 2 months now! I bought 40 (!!!) Little Lambs, (both sizes) before I had Freya, then they leaked a lot so I tried a load pre-loved, decided the onces I wanted and sold the LLs to buy the ones I liked. I now have only one kind for day, one for night and I'm happy with that. They are not fancy and I don't have much of a choice apart from colour, lol, but that's fine!

When I see a nappy I want I just remind myself that part of the reason I am doing it is to save money, so that stops me from buying them. Plus the fact we will starve and be homeless if I buy any more!!

have you checked out dapadiapers (online store). She sells factory seconds from Chilliwack. Good deals to be had :)

I just checked them out and they have some really cute floral fuzzi bunz... Uh oh, must stay strong and not order any... yet ;)

Baby isn't even 3 weeks old and I've spent a fortune on cloth diapers because they are so cute and in theory they should be saving us loads of $$... so addictive! (so are baby carriers too though- need coordinating colours with my outfits, heehee :) )

I know! Carriers are sooo much more expensive too! I have to really stay away from sling websites, I could so easily have hundreds!

oooh, I agree - I have an ergo (like a mei tai), a snugli, and 3 different slings. Sigh.

A

I have a Moby (want to buy another in a different colour...), a snugli-type carrier (horrible on the back) and I made a sling wrap. I thought that making the sling wrap would save me $$ but Emma hates it and tries to stand in it everytime I use it. I should have made a MeiTai instead. Next project perhaps :)

Well, I caved and bought more cloth last night- just some eBay cheapies that look like BGs and a few of the feedback mentioned that they were pretty similar. Hoping they don't leak- if they do, they will be the emergency laundry day diapers!

Kaites: I have some ebay cheapies (the patterned minkies called KawaiiBaby) and they actually work quite well!

Hope they work as well for you!

A

cloth nappies are a slippers sloap and when your los potty trained then its the wahm clothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->