Why is he doing this?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
My nearly 17 month old has started waking at around 4 am screaming in his cot, if I don't get up to him he stands up and screams and throws his teddies at me (we're in the same room)

I then have a disrupted sleep til we get up around 6. I'm thinking of either cutting down or out his naps in the day
(he has around 2 hours 11-1ish) or putting him to bed later (normally around 7)

Any ideas?

xx

If he is waking at roughly the same time each night try getting up maybe half an hour before and rousing him slightly, turn him over or tuck his sheets back in.

This should disrupt his sleep cycle enough for him to start over, 4am is one of those horrible times where you're very likely to wake...I had a terrible time with DS2 and the 4am waking!

growth spurt, teeth, constantly changing body, etc? does he need to just be patted back down? held? my LO still wakes up once or twice a night and she is almost 2 (will be 2 on friday!) perhaps have a cup of water or milk for him to sip? it'll pass, baby/toddler sleep often changes.

I feel ya. Alexa has been getting up at 5 AM each morning now, and no getting her back to sleep.

And NOW tonight she refuses to go to bed in her crib. screams bloody murder. I tried reading to her, rubbing fingers through her hair, playing music, rock her. But the second she is back in crib she starts screaming again. But she is perfectly fine sleeping in my bed with me... yikes... I hope it's just a one night thing.

Just had mc.. maybe she is sensing something is wrong.. idk, =/

my boy is also 17 months old & wakes about 4 . the last few nights its been 3 screams cries etc wont settle back he's now got a cold so i'm hoping its teething etc & will settle in a few days.
my daughter was a bit like this when she was younger & now she sleeps from 7 til 7

xxx

Well I noticed today he seems to be cutting his incisors.

However yesterday I gave him an earlier daytime nap (10-12) and gave him weetabix as well as his bedtime bottle and he slept from around 7-7, so gonna try the same tonight and see how we go

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->