Why is one child always difficult?

Kay_Baby

Reaction score
Me and DH have been trying to come up with ideas for both the kids for Christmas but never seem to come up with ideas for the youngest.

Everything one of us suggests or sees inspiration for we already have or something similar.

It’s driving me crazy and it’s made even worse but the fact that his 5th birthday is just 6weeks after Christmas.

Please tell me that you suffer from this issue as well?

Yes! This year I am struggling for my dd2 (5) she has just had her birthday, she doesn't need any 'big' things and I don't have a clue what to get her as she has stopped playing with what she used to.

Glad it’s not just us.

The only thing he keeps asking for is more aqua beads but there is only so many refill packets you can get :dohh:

Yep! My son has full obsessions instead of liking s bunch of things so only wants My Little Pony and Minecraft stuff but he has so much already that it's getting tricky to find things! My DD is five just four days before Christmas but thankfully she is outgrowing most of her toys so I have plenty of ideas for her!

Luckily the smyths catalogue has turned up today and he been looking through it. Hopefully he will find something that interests him

My ds is 7 so is starting to want smaller more expensive presents but come Christmas Day will be wanting a massive present to open, I’m stumped this year

Yep! I could buy for Rory all day long, hes 5. But can I heck buy for his 8 year old sister :rofl: shes a nightmare xx

He’s talked me through the smyths catalogue now, looks like their is not a big ticket item for him but lots of medium items he likes the look of. Will have to come up with a plan to some how equal out between the two boys

Yup DD1 I have loads of ideas but DD2 very few as of now . Like you they have something similar or the same !

Doesn’t help her birthday is the beginning of December ! We got the Smyths book delivered today too so my plan is to let them look through it but DD1 always marks everything lol

Yep my youngest is not easy. Bar a new sooter which he is getting for his birthday i have no idea. He does not play. He loves books which we have hudreds of aleady, obsessed with music again have a vast library of music aswell as alexa who plays most of what he asks for! He plays outside on the trampoline and slide (which we obviously already own) and uses his tablet.

Dd2 isn't really that easy to buy for, mainly because she's inherited so much stuff from her sister. She doesn't always play with actual toys at home that much either.

DS2 is my worst to buy for. He never asks for anything, if I ask what he wants he says he doesn't know. We've had quite a few years when he finally came up with something he wanted and it was FOOD! He has an Xbox but he rarely plays on it so too many games is a waste, he's mostly in to his sports but there's only so many football kits or martial arts suits you can buy, isn't there?

I only have Thomas but I'm struggling this year. I'm not sure if it's the age or the fact that he currently has no interest in toys.

I only have Thomas but I'm struggling this year. I'm not sure if it's the age or the fact that he currently has no interest in toys.
I think this age is when it starts getting difficult, when they aren't that in to toys, but more grown up stuff is boring, and they still have all the magic of Christmas so you can't just get a few little bits and give them some money. Even finding stocking fillers for my older ones is a pain because there aren't really many small, reasonably priced gifts for them. I'm honestly thinking of getting a key cut and getting a nice key ring for my eldest stocking so he can let himself in the house after school, even though we are always here before he gets back, just through desperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->