why is she always ill?

Charliemarina

expecting #4
Reaction score
my daughter is 11 months old 1 in 3 weeks and her whole life has been nothing but colds and tonsilitis, me and OH do smoke but NEVER in the home OR around the children so i know it is not that and they eat good food but she always seems to be ill on a regular basis at 4 months she had tonsilitis which by the way took the hospital 3 days to work out which is never good then at 5 months a terrible cold which lasted around 2 weeks and about every 6 weeks onwards till now she has been having the samething, she also had tonsilitis again about 8 weeks ago which is also a pain for her as she is allergic to peniciliin so has to take weaker antibiotics which take longer to work....anyone experianved this prob or have any advice as docs dont listen...sorry for rant, thanks x

I think some babies just have weaker immune systems it doesn't mean its your fault nomatter what.

Are you or your OH sicky people? My OH can get poorly quite easily where me hardly ever and I think luck has it that Caitlin has only had reflux which is common and one cold but OH had it BAD!

I havent had any problems with my two but my sister seems to be always at the Drs with my nephew. Just wanted to send :hug:

I would think maybe she just doesn't have a great immune system. Which isn't something you can prevent, you just have to let it develop over time.
Besides that, IDK, Colton's only ever been sick twice (both times before he was 2mo old, and the second was bronchitis) because OH's mother wouldn't quit smoking around him; we ended up moving out and he hasn't been sick since.

sorry for late reply ladies and thanks for making me feel more at ease, i get sick quite easily but OH dnt so maybe she gets it from me anyway if it carrys on like it is there no harm in taking her to docs x x x thanks girls x x

Have you spoken to your dr about a vitamin supplement? I had a really weak immune system when I was a kid, I caught everything. I was placed on vitamin supplements for a while when I was really young and then my immune system started to build itself up. I rarely get sick now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->