why is she starting to hate bath time :( ???

Mummy Vikki

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My LO has always loved a bath - she used to cry when I take her out :haha:

Well, she is almost 8 months now and the past week she has started to hate bath time. Everytime I put her in the bath she screams - the water isnt too hot/cold. All her usuall toys are in there with her and we are doing nothing different:wacko: She is all smiles and giggles when I take her out:dohh:

Has any of your LO's gone through this and if so did they get over it/ how long did it take??

Thanks

x x x x

Maggie is 8 months also and has started doing EXACTLY the same thing.. very strange.. shall be watching this thread. xx

is there anyone who can answer this for me - surely Paige cant be one of a few that hates bath time at this age :haha:

x x x x

What way are you bathing her? Is she lying down or sitting up? I don't have the same problem (yet!) but my 7 month old is doing tummy crunches to try and sit herself up in the bath, I'd say she might get annoyed at lying down in a few weeks.

Sorry LO is too young for us to have much advice but is LO perhaps ready for the big bath? Or is she already in the big tub?

Gabriel hated baths. Then around 4 months he started to tolerate them. Then around 9 months he started to hate them again, and now he seems fine in the bath. I think the 9 month mark he got scared because he was more mobile and was afraid of falling and getting water on his face. Once he got more confidant at sitting, he went back to being OK in the tub.

Thanks ladies. She has been in the big bath for a while now - she splashes everywhere and was getting annoyed at laying on her back:haha:

We used to use a mamas & papas bath mould but as she got bigger she began sitting forward on it and I did not feel she was that safe using it so we got her a bath mat and seat mould from mothercare for christmas which up until now she has loved:thumbup:

It just seems strange that all of a sudden she hates bath time when she loved it so much a few weeks ago = she was actually shaking last night when she was in there :shrug:

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->